"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, June 19, 2021

great friend...

 Hello!  I'm back, lol!  I have been very productive over the last few days making all kinds of cards.  I will be back in a few days posting a few more cards!  Today's card is for this month's Pinkfresh Studio challenge to use die cuts, as well as the Color Hues challenge.  I have never participated in Color Hues, but when I saw the colors were aqua and black I had to join in.  Currently my favorite shade of aqua cardstock is Spellbinder's Waterfall.  It is just so pretty!  I die cut both of the rectangles from the Essentials Stitched Scalloped from white cardstock twice and adhered them together.  I used my largest Spellbinders rectangle die to die cut Waterfall cardstock and adhered that behind the largest Stitched Scalloped rectangle.  The panel was then adhered to a light gray cardstock card base.  I put foam tape behind the smaller Stitched Scalloped rectangle and popped it up in the center of my card.  I die cut the Pinkfresh Leafy Branch die from Waterfall and black cardstocks and adhered them together.  I then adhered the pieces to my card leaving a spot for the sentiment that I hot foiled with black foil using my Glimmer hot foil system and the Pinkfresh Studio Perfect Sentiments foiling plate.  I love how black foiling looks just like stamping!




Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

14 comments:

Greta said...

Wowzer! Looks like a winner to me, Rosemary--fabulous!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful colour mix, which you have used beautifully Rosemary. the card is Gorgeous.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Love your layers, this is so pretty!

Brenda in IN said...

Those frames are beautiful and the design is so pretty.

TK said...

Beautiful! I love the bold black yet soft teal -- such a pretty combination, and you've used it beautifully

Cindy Beach said...

Rosemary, we are glad these hues lured you into playing our challenge! So happy to have you join us. Love the gorgeous shade of aqua and the leaves boldly contrasting in black. Beautiful, love it! Those scalloped frames are amazing.

Nancy said...

As I said over at IG but worth repeating! This is a sensational card! Love the double frame and the entire thing!!! Thanks for making us look good at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Rosemary, if you could point me in the direction of those scalloped rectangles that would be great! I looked at Spellbinders with no luck! Thanks

Hannelie said...

Simply stunning Rosemary ! So detailed and yet so clean and simple too .
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is SO gorgeous, Rosemary! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love your take with the colors and all the fabulous layers! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Carmela said...

Lovely card!!

Carmela said...

Lovely card!!

Greta said...

Well-deserved Color Hues win!