"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, July 1, 2021

color challenge cards...

 Hey there!  Hope everyone here in the US has a wonderful and safe 4th of July!  I think our 4th of July will be pretty low key like it is most years.   As the title of my post indicates I have cards for color challenges.  

I don't know why when I saw the colors at Color Throwdown I immediately thought of using the Concord & 9th Pineapple Perfection stamp set, but I did!  I just love this stamp set and don't use it enough (oops... I can say that about alot of my stamp sets, lol!).   So out it came and I stamped the pineapple outline in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then stamped the crown, flowers, leaves and berries with the colors from CTD combo.   The pineapple was die cut with the matching die.   During a crafty cleaning session I found two embossing folders that I had never used.   I decided to use the fun large polka dot folder with this card.  I die cut my panel and then embossed it with the folder.  I adhered the pineapple and added the little twine bow.  The large sentiment is from the Pineapple Perfection set and was stamped then die cut with the banner die from the set.  The smaller sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp set and was stamped then die cut with a small banner die from Spellbinders.   Another fairly clean and simple design.  Going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes, as well.


This next card is for the Paper Players, as well as Color Hues.  I had wanted to make a red, white and blue card for the previous Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, but didn't find the time to complete a card, but I did die the Concord & 9th Fresh Cut Florals Edition 3 from red and blue cardstock multiple times.  I even ran some of the resulting die cuts through an embossing folder and then created one flower.   Everything got put aside and I made the pineapple card.  Then I saw the new combo at Color Hues and I decided to put that flower to use.  I die cut a rectangle from the same blue cardstock I used for the flower and embossed it with a star embossing folder.  I adhered that to a die cut white rectangle.  The sentiment is from the C9 Eat Cake & Celebrate stamp set.  That stamp set is literally the first C9 set I bought.  I still love it!  I stamped the sentiment in Versamark and heat embossed with red embossing powder.   The sentiment was die cut with a banner die and they I adhered everything on a light gray cardstock base.


I don't know why, but sometimes I don't like creating cards solely out of cardstock.  They just look too plain to me.  I think adding the embossing provides a little something extra.




Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun Pineapple! Your red, white & blue card is so cute with that sweet layered bloom. Two delightful cards!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties, Rosemary! That pineapple looks amazing in those colors atop the embossed dots! Especially love the red & blue layered flower though - so fun with the debossed stars!!

Nancy said...

Both cards are awesome and so creative, Rosemary. I love the floral pineapple and your red and blue floral card is wonderful too. I love that you backed the star paper with another piece of blue and the flower really pops. So happy to have you with us at The Paper Players and Color Hues!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Beautiful cards! Love the embossed detail on the floral card, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Both of your cards are beautiful! Love the embossed detail on the floral card, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Greta said...

I absolutely adore both of these, Rosemary! The pineapple card is so beautiful & unexpected! I still haven't used my Fresh Cut Floral dies & now I HAVE to! Dry embossing always takes thing up a notch in my view!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love both of these cards! So beautiful! The embossing on your card for color hues is amazing! Adds just the right amount of oomph! ;). Thanks for joining us!

Karen said...

I'm another fan of both your cards. I LOVE the embossing you did for the florals on the Color Hues card as well as the wonderful stars on the background. Your white frame is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Vickie Z said...

Sweet cards!! Love that colorful pineapple!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

cm said...

Two fabulous cards! I'm especially smitten with your red and blue one; the embossing on the flower petals is a delightful touch! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!
~carol