"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, August 13, 2021

two cards...

 Hello!  Hope you had a good week.  We have had a crazy hot one, again, but things are supposed to cool down a bit in the next few days.   As my blog title indicates I have two cards to share.  The first one is for Freshly Made Sketches.  I'm also going to add this one to the Flower Challenge as I used several die cuts on the card as well as flowers!

In July I was the winner of a $50 gift certificate from Pinkfresh Studios.  This allowed me to get a few products I have had my eye on for awhile now.  I was able to get the Daisy Wreath foil plate and matching stencils.   I foiled the wreath using Skybright foil from Spellbinders and my Glimmer machine.   I then colored in the wreath using the stencils and Pinkfresh Studio inks.  I die cut the wreath with the matching die.  The background rectangle was die cut with the Pinkfresh Studio Essentials Stitched Scalloped die.  I kept all the pieces of the rectangle together by taping up the back and then adhered the piece to a light gray cardstock base.  I adhered the wreath and the sentiments that I embossed in white on vellum to the card.  The sentiments are from another Pinkfresh stamp set.  I finished off the card with Sky Blue jewels from Pinkfresh.


The second card is for Color Throwdown and the August Reverse Confetti Stock Your Stash challenge.  The theme there is wedding.  I don't often make wedding cards, but I thought the colors from CTD combined with the RC Big Flower cover plate die would make a nice wedding card.  The sentiments are from the RC Mod Floral Stack stamp set.  I die cut the Big Flower die from white, mint, gray and pink cardstock.  Because I wanted to do an inset inlaid technique I stacked all the die cut panels together with the white one on top.  I then inlaid the large pink petals in all the flowers and then alternated using the mint and gray pieces to complete the flowers.  I added some mint and gray sequins and the sentiments that I embossed in white on vellum.  Again, a little hard to see in the photo, but looks pretty in real life. 




Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


8 comments:

Viv said...

Two gorgeous cards again Rosie! such a pretty flower ring and colouring on the first and the second one is so delicate and loving the beautiful die cuts and pastel shades too ;) hugs Viv xx

JoAnn said...

Your cards are beautiful. I really love the blue one and how you did the hot foil plate. Love the pretty pastel colors behind the lovely die cut on the 2nd card. TFS

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two floral beauties, Rosemary! Just love the wreath on card one and the coverplate with open flowers on card two!!

Lisa Elton said...

And what two pretty cards, they are! Love them both, Rosemary!

Jen Timko said...

Both are so pretty. I love the wreath for the sketch. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Your fresh blue & green wreath just pops! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week, Rosemary.

TK said...

Gorgeous! Both are beautiful, but your first is really quite stunning!

Cara said...

Such a beautiful card, I love the vellum touches. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, sorry I’m so late visiting you. I hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x