"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 7, 2022

a happy rainbow...

 Hello!  Hope everyone is having a great week.  My younger son is on spring break this week so we have been trying to get out and about.  In between those little trips I have managed to create a card.  This one is for... yep... Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches!   Take a look:


I really love the Rainbow of Happiness bundle from Stampin Up!  It is just so fun.  I have been wanting to make another card with it and the above-mentioned challenges were the perfect vehicle.   I found sequins in the CTD colors for my shaker rainbow.  Since there are only three colors in the CTD combo and there are four arches in the rainbow I added in some iridescent sequins in the fourth arch.   After cutting out my rainbow from white cardstock I decided to add some interest by embossing it with the April Spellbinder embossing folder.   I love the fun sunray effect it gives the panel.   I trimmed down an acetate piece and adhered it behind the openings.  Then I added strips of foam adhesive.  I carefully filled each section of the rainbow with the sequins.  Not gonna lie... this took along time!  Because I knew it wouldn't be easy to adhere the shaker element to the card base I opted to add some patterned paper to the back.   I used patterned paper from Stampin Up! that coordinates with the Rainbow of Happiness bundle and I used that.  I finished off the card with some twine tied around the top of my shaker element and the sentiment from the set stamped in black ink and die cut with a banner die. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful way to use the colours Rosemary, love the shaker element. A lovely happy card.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous rainbow shaker, Rosemary - great use of the colors & I love the ray texture!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a gorgeous and unique shaker card! The embossed rays add a great texture detail! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Lisa Elton said...

What a great shaker! This is pretty, Rosemary!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow! What a fabulous design and a great interpretation of the sketch! I can appreciate how long it took to put this together! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lori said...

This is so fun! Love the sequins in the bands of the rainbow. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Hannelie said...

This is amazing!

TK said...

Fantastic and fun, great die for a shaker card!

Kim S said...

I love that you are thinking "happy" and rainbows when your youngest son is home!! It's a fabulous card - LOVE the colors and the sunrays with the rainbow. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super creative take on the sketch. This shaker box rainbow is delightful . Thanks so much for joining in at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

Greta said...

This is the most amazing shaker card I've ever seen! So beautiful & creative, Rosemary!