"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 13, 2022

empty grave...

 Hello!  I'm popping in with a quick post of an Easter card that I made using products from the Greetery.  This is the only card I have managed to make for Easter and I really don't know why other than I thought I had lots and lots of time to make Easter cards (and initially I did, lol).   Even though Easter is kind of late this year all that time I had just slipped away.  Anyway, here is my card:

The card is very loosely based on the sketch from Sunday Stamps and the inspiration photo from the Card Concept.   I decided to not use a shape in the center of the card per the Sunday Stamps sketch as I didn't really like it with the nest and the feathers that I used from the Greetery Curio Spring Findings die set.   And the large sentiment from the Empty Grave set sort of served that purpose.  Regarding the inspiration photo from the Card Concept I did use some of the colors, but in a muted fashion, as well as the idea of a bird:  the feathers and nest.   I used distress oxide inks for all the inking.  I mainly used Gathered Twigs and Spun Sugar and then added the little pop of green with Mowed Lawn.   I guess the best fit for my card would be the clean and layered category.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


10 comments:

Kerry Parkinson said...

Rosemary your card is simply beautiful. Gorgeous shading and an overall sense of serenity. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept. Cheers, Kerry DT

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the delicate beauty of the nest with bitty leaves along with the feathers, Rosemary - great take on the sketch and colors!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

It was worth waiting to make this beauty Rosemary, it really is everything Easter offers it is so VERY Beautiful.
Happy Easter
Faith x

Heather said...

SO lovely, Rosemary - love that pretty next and perfect sentiment! The delicate sponging is amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Better late than never, and it's beautiful!

Greta said...

Beautiful inking & card, Rosemary!

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, this is beautiful! I love the beautiful nest and the sentiment is lovely! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the birds theme along with the Easter greeting. Beautiful use of shading and challenge sketch. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Kim S said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the soft colors and the simple colors scheme. The layout is just perfect! Thank you for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

Karen Letchworth said...

This card is stunning, and I can't thank you enough for sharing your art with us at The Card Concept. I do hope you'll stop by again soon to share your talents with us.