"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 2, 2022

Spellbinders April Club Kits... take 2

 Hello!  I'm back with the card I made using the Spellbinder April stamp and die kit.  This kit is all about celebrations and presents!  And it coordinates with the small die kit.   Take a look at what I made:


Isn't that large presents image fun?  So many things that you can do with it.  I decided to color it with Copic markers.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copics in shades of purple/violet and a sage green.   When I am coloring with Copics I have finally learned to leave the stamp in my stamping tool so that I can place the cardstock back in and restamp the image.  After I did that I die cut it with the matching die.  The little bows were colored with the sage green combo and die cut, as well.  So that the white outline of the bows wasn't so harsh I went around the edges with a gray Copic marker.   The sage green and purple combo came from Color Throwdown.  But as I got into putting the card together I completely forgot that they wanted cream and not white in the mix!  Oops!  Oh well... I will still be sharing this at Freshly Made Sketches as that is where the layout came from.   I used the embossing folder from the March Spellbinders embossing folder kit to emboss the small panel.  I then adhered a thin strip of purple cardstock.  I would have gone with sage green, but I have absolutely no sage green cardstock in my extensive collection of cardstock!   I adhered that piece to a white cardstock panel I die cut with an essentials rectangle die and then attached the panel to a light gray cardstock base.   The sentiment was stamped on vellum and heat embossed in black.  I adhered the presents image, the sentiment and then added a few green gems.  Think I will add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, too. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Greta said...

I love that image & your coloring, Rosemary! Wonderful card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

You had me at purple, Rosemary!! Love how you colored the presents and the embossing behind looks perfect with them!!

Jen Brum said...

What a great card! Love those presents and the beautiful purple! Stands out so nicely against that white background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

TK said...

Sweet image indeed, but your coloring takes the spotlight here! Love your card

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the stack of gifts! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the bright purple against the crisp white! Fabulous card, Rosemary!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your stack of presents! And the purple is fabulous! Beautifully done! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Another stunner Rosemary, love the card.
Faith x