"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, July 10, 2022

rainbow leaves...

 Hello!  Seems like forever since I last posted on my blog.  I'm popping in today with a card for the current PoppyStamps challenge, as well as a card that I made for last week's Paper Players challenge that I posted on Instagram in order to get it entered in time.  I was excited to see that the card earned an honorable mention from one of the design team members.   


I think it was last fall or early winter that I picked up this PoppyStamps Maple Symphony die from a sale that they had.  They had tons of great deals and I got several more dies along with some freebies!  Gotta love freebies, lol!  Well, I hadn't had the chance to use it until now.  I don't often recreate cards using rainbow colors, but my sweet friend Greta is guest designing for this month's PoppyStamps challenge.  I just had to play along.   This gave me a chance to pull out this die and create a little rainbow of leaves swirling down my card.  And wouldn't you know it?  There were enough leaves for all the colors of the rainbow:  red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet!  I used distress oxide inks for the leaves.  Since they are so small for the most part I was able to use residual ink left on various blending brushes!   I adhered a few layers of cardstock to the back of my top panel to get it more stability.  The leaves were inked and then popped back into their spots using thin foam squares.  The sentiment is a new Memory Box foil plate and die set that I foiled using matte gold foil.   Aren't you supposed to find gold at the end of a rainbow?   Very clean and very simple. 



My next card is the one that I shared on Instagram.  Take a look:


I used products from the Simon Says Stamp July card kit and did some very simple watercoloring with my Jane Davenport watercolors.  I just love the vibrant colors I get from her palettes!   After coloring the images I fussy cut them out as I don't have the dies, yet!  Again, another simple card, but I love how it turned out. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

6 comments:

Greta said...

Both cards are beautiful, Rosemary! Never would have thought to use that die with a rainbow of colors--love it! And yes--gold at the end of the rainbow, so a gold sentiment--brilliant!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your first card is beautifully CAS, LOVE those tiny leaves and the gorgeous embossing. Your second card is just so beautiful, Rosemary. You have such wonderful ideas and cards.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love the colorful leaves and the gorgeous window with flowers, Rosemary!!

TK said...

Beautiful cards, love the delicate butterflies on both!

Tiny Paper Blossom said...

I love the leaves card. Simple and colorful all at once. Thanks for playing along with the Poppystamps Challenge for July.

Jeanne J. said...

Beautiful cards! I love the simplicity of the rainbow leaves - they steal the show!