"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, December 11, 2022

joy to the world

 Hello!  Hope all is well in your world.  A little rainy and dreary here in mine, but that is the Pacific Northwest in late fall!   Popping in with a card for Color Throwdown, Freshly Made Sketches and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  I used lots of different products on this one.  Take a look.


I used dies from Poppystamps and a stencil and sentiment from Simon Says Stamp.  The Layered Holly Branch was die cut from gold mirror cardstock and green glitter cardstock from Simon Says Stamp and layered.  The die also cuts out the layering sections of the leaves.  I used the gold on top of the glitter cardstock.  I die cut the shadow layer of the Holiday Joy from black cardstock and the word from Cherry Cobbler cardstock.   The sentiment was stamped using Cherry Cobbler ink.   I started building up the card and decided that the background needed something else.  So I pulled out the Simon Says Stamp Delicate Snowflake stencil and the Snowfall grit paste.  I just love the texture it adds.    After adding all the elements, I realized that alot of my die cut holly branch was covered up, but I guess that is what happens in cardmaking!



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!



5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful card, Rosemary!

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! Love the design!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the gold layering on the leaves Rosemary, the background embossing and stitched element, lots of gorgeous details on this beautiful card.
Faith x

Broni said...

Oh, I love this CAS beauty! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So gorgeous with the layered branch and the bold JOY, Rosemary!!