"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, December 17, 2022

sending hugs...

 Hello!  Popping in with a quick share.  I made this card for several challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, Color Throwdown and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   I used a mix of products and even did a little bit of mixed media!   Take a look. 


It is dark and gloomy here in the Pacific Northwest, so my photo isn't the greatest.   When I started to make this card, I was going to use completely different snowflakes, but the scale of the die cuts didn't work for my card.  So, I went through my Simon Says Stamp dies and found two that would work well together for what I wanted to do.  After die cutting the snowflakes I thought I would add some snowflakes in the background using my favorite snowfall grit paste.  But I picked up crackle paste instead.   I realized my mistake as I was opening the jar but decided to go with it.  I added it to my panel that I die cut from woodgrain cardstock.  I had to let it dry overnight before I could finish the card.  In the morning I decided to add some additional color to the background using distress craysons in Winter Frost and Cocktail Party.  These distress crayons have mica in them so the background has some sparkle.  I scribbled the colors on to my glass mat, added water and then applied the color.  I love the really light wash.   This did warp the cardstock, but I was able to fix that a bit.  Once completely dry I added the snowflakes and the sentiment that is from Pinkfresh Studio and was foiled using gold foil.  I finished with the little gold pearls. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


6 comments:

Broni said...

This is just gorgeous, Rosemary! That added hint of color to the background really sets off those beautiful snowflakes!! Thank you so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week! Merry Christmas!

TK said...

This is really pretty in the soft tones! Love that you used the crackle paste, as ice is often crackly too

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful and gorgeous use of colour Rosemary, love the snowflakes and your inking. LOVE, love, love this card.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Love the soft colors and the elegance the gold adds! Pretty card, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Such pretty snowflake dies & I love this delicate, soft card with beautiful elements!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Lovely soft and very elegant festive card. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!