"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, September 26, 2026

this card isn't for everyone, lol!

Hello!  Popping in to share a card that I willing admit is not for everyone.  In fact I'm not sure it is for anyone, lol!  But here I am to share it.   It will be heading over to Freshly Made Sketches, Color Hues and Just Us Girls (stencil week).  Let's have a look at what I created. 


I have taken to calling this one "camo leaf" because it does look like camouflage to me.   Making this card was definitely a challenge when it came to the color combo!   I used the Simon Says Stamp Oak Leaf stencil and die set.  And I will admit it took me at least three tries to get the colors I was going for.  As you can see from the Color Hues badge artichoke has a gray undertone.  I don't have any inks in that color, but I think combining the purple with the closest green I had to artichoke provided me with a green more in line with artichoke.  All the inks I used are from Altenew.  I even inkblended on white cardstock so I could die cut out the word "blessed" in the same shade of purple I used on the leaf.    I decided to go with an embossed background (Simon Says Stamp Whirlpool Spinner).   Let me you what you think of my "camo leaf"!



 


Well, that's it for me!  Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.  


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think your camo leaf if fun and a terrific take on both challenges! Thanks for playing along at JUGs!

donna mikasa said...

What a creative take on the sketch, Rosemary! And it's a camo leaf, indeed! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Julie B said...

A great take on those challenges Rosemary, love the embossed background. Thanks for being inspiredby the Color Hues colours. :)

Nancy said...

I think it looks amazingI I love the shade of purple that you used and your creativity with this color combo. Excellent job, Rosemary!

Jen Timko said...

You really did use these colors beautifully and that "camo" is perfect for a fall leaf. Lovely use of the sketch too. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A wonderful take on the colours, a beautiful leaf too. The embossed background is fabulous. Certainly different colours, but I really like what you've done with them. x

TK said...

Stepping outside the box really worked for you! Your camo leaf is definitely unique but also the colors are very unexpected. Great card and definitely a win for the colors and layout.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fab take on the sketch, Rosemary! Just love your camo leaf!!