"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

a poppy

Hello friends... back with a second post for today.  Hadn't planned on it, but wanted to get this card posted for the current Dynamic Duos challenge before I ran out of time.  Never thought I would say this, but I really like light blue and orange together! 


About this time of the year the California poppies start to bloom in my area.  I love the vibrant golden-orange color of the blooms.  I saw a couple that had bloomed on my morning walk and that means in the next week or so a hillside close to my house will be covered with them.  So when I saw the Dynamic Duos combo I thought of only one thing... poppies!!   I got out my MFT/LJD Pretty Poppies set (and matching dies) and got to work.  The layout for the card is based on the current Retro Sketch.  You don't have to ask me twice to put a banner on my card, hee hee!  I die cut the flower heads and then stamped them using SU!'s Pumpkin Pie ink.  The Spring Rain cardstock piece was cut to fit the card base and then stamped with the script border image from the Pretty Poppies set using Memento Summer Sky ink.  I die cut the MFT Jumbo Fishtail Flag and adhered the poppies to the top using foam dimensionals.   The sentiment, also from Pretty Poppies, was added using Tuxedo Black ink.  To finish off the card I added Black Diamond Stickles to the center of the poppies. 

Thanks for stopping by....

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & Spring Rain; Stamps:  MFT Pretty Poppies; Dies:  MFT Jumbo Fishtail Flag & LJD Poppies & Leaves; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black & Summer Sky, SU! Pumpkin Pie; Ranger Diamond Stickles

21 comments:

Martha said...

Rosemary, I love how you've used the pretty colors & the sketch. Beautiful card!

Deepti said...

Very pretty :) the colors compliment perfectly :)

Britt said...

So beautiful. I hope you will post a Picture of the hillside later. I don´t think we have that kind of trees(?)in Denmark.
Britt.

Michelle said...

These orange poppies are beautiful! Love them against a blue background, Rosemary!

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, I definitely need those banner dies:)
Val x

Suze Bain said...

Those are fabulous poppies Rosemary and such a lovely sentiment. Xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely poppies, Rosemary, they pop so well against the blue and with the black stickles centre they pop even more! Anita :)

Greta said...

Orange is not a color I say I like, but I agree that this is a lovely color combo & your card is a perfect way to show it! Wonderfully done, Rosemary!

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful!!!

Christine said...

The combination is so beautiful Rosy, nice card!
Hug
Christine

Barb Ghig said...

Love your poppies...they look so pretty and I love your sentiment! Very pretty card, and a great way to combine the 2 challenges!

Sandy said...

Simply sweet and so good!
Sandy

Kristi said...

Very beautiful! I love the color combination!

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary this is so pretty, I love your flowers.

Karen Day said...

Great card, Rosemary! I love that subtle background - glad to have you join us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Jen W. said...

Love the subtle script border in the background and the black stickles are the perfect finishing touch!

Jean said...

Beautiful poppies - love how you combined the two challenges.

Vicki Burdick said...

So pretty, love those poppies!! Thanks so much for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos challenge.

Lisa Lara said...

I love the pop of those flowers Rosi.

Brandi said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Love how the orange flowers pop against the background!