"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 13, 2013

hello... you must allow me...

Hello friends!!  Happy Saturday... can't believe I already have my Less is More card done and not only that I actually have TWO cards for the challenge!!  Woo hoo!!   This week is one layer week and Chrissie and Jen have asked us to base our cards on a favorite movie.  For my first card it was an absolute "no brainer".  My all time most favorite movie is the A&E (back in the day when A&E still meant "Arts & Entertainment"...now they mostly produce weird reality shows!) version of Pride & Prejudice.  Not only does it have beautiful costuming, scenery and fabulous acting, it has COLIN FIRTH in it!!  Seriously I could just watch that man all day long!  All.Day.Long!!   Anywhoo... about my card...


Because I love Pride & Prejudice so much when PTI came out with the set Simply Jane I HAD to purchase it... no question.  For my card I inked up the image using Memento Summer Sky for Mr. Darcy and Memento Angel Pink for Lizzie and then stamped them in the bottom right corner of my card.  The sentiment (from the scene where Mr. Darcy simultaneously expresses his love for Lizzie and insults her!) was stamped to slightly overlap onto Mr. Darcy.  I added a few sequins because they are relatively flat... hope Chrissie doesn't mind!  (With the addition of the sequins you could almost stretch this card to cover another of my favorite movies... How to Marry a Millionaire.  Mr. Darcy was quite rich you know, lol!)


The second card is based on the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie "You've Got Mail".  It isn't exactly a favorite movie but I did enjoy watching it and I have this cute little mailbox stamp that I got from Stampotique that was perfect for this challenge.  I stamped it in Tuxedo Black ink and then colored the image with Copic markers.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  PTI and Stampotique; Ink:  Memento; Copic makers; sequins

20 comments:

Viv said...

Two fabulous cards Rosie,you are so great at stamping :) Viv xx

Fiona said...

Couldn't agree more about P&P and Colin Firth (phwoar) as Mr Darcy. A lovely card and with that fantastic quote too.

Gillian R said...

What lovely cards!

Linby said...

I adore that PTI set-but never justified buying it! You've used it absolutely beautifully. Great second card too for one of my fav films.
Linbyx

Anonymous said...

These are two great cards-love your stamping :)
Best wishes,Nessa x

Tenia Nelson said...

Wonderful cards!!

Chrissie said...

These are both superb Rosemary... and of course minimal embellishments are allowed!
Great ideas!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sandy said...

Simple and wonderful - love your cards!
Sandy

Greta said...

Well, you nailed the challenge twice, my friend! These are both terrific!

Anonymous said...

Simply splendid, Rosemary ... both of them! I love your explanation of the first ... your enthusiasm for the film and characters (and Colin Firth!) just shines through! Anita :)

Loli said...

Hola Rosemary...i love Jane Austen, i have all about she and i have too a board on Pinterest only for Jane, some day i will like to buy the set of stamps of Jane :D...fantastic card
And the second is fantastic too, a lovely movie, great job, as always.
A hug from veeeery sunny island 24oC

Aileen said...

Two super cards for the challenge. x

Canonbury creations said...

Brilliant depiction of the film Rosie and the best Mr Darcy ever!! I'm still trying to think what too do for this one. I met up with Chrissie yesterday and she reckons it was Jen's choice of theme as she, herself struggled:)
Love the mailbox card too.
Val x

Anonymous said...

I love these cards - now really want to watch you've got mail!

Michelle said...

wow! both cards are awesome, Rosemary!! I love both movies, also!!!

Unknown said...

Oh I love both your cards, very inspired :)

Deepti said...

Beautiful as always :) and my favorite is the first one. Awesome idean it's expression :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Fabulous cards Rosemary! I especially like the first and am a big fan of Jane Austen novels - that film was great wasn't it and Colin Firth made quite a splash in it LITERALLY!

Jen Nelson said...

stunning rosie and great film choice one of my favourites. Sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Barb Ghig said...

Your cards are just amazing, Rosie!!! I love the sweet mail box...great coloring, too! It's nice to see I'm not the only one who LOVES Pride and Prejudice...perfect stamp, gorgeous colors and I think the sequins are absolutely perfect!