"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

CCC #39... take flight

Hello friends!!  Happy Tuesday!   We have a brand spankin' new CASology challenge for you and this one is all about travel!  Given all the clever "up" cards that were posted in the gallery last week I know there will be a ton of clever cards using this week's cue.   All the details can be found here.  And this week our guest designer is the wildly talented Geri!!



There were many different directions that I could have gone in with this cue word as I actually happen to have many stamps that are travel related.  I decided to use a PTI set that I bought ages ago, but had never inked up:  Happy Trails.  I also used the PTI set Background Basics Text Style.  I die cut the banner from kraft cardstock using a My Favorite Things Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax die and then stamped the sentiment and one of the "trails" on the banner.  The paper airplane was stamped on cream cardstock and trimmed out.  It was only after I finished trimming it out that I realized I have the matching Happy Trails dies!!  Oh well...    I think this makes a great graduation card for a guy.  The layout is based on the soon to be closing CAS(E) this Sketch challenge #22

Thanks for stopping by... I cannot wait to see what up related ideas all you super talented papercrafters come up with for this challenge!! In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, and Meghan and our guest designer, Geri!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI cream; SU! Crumb Cake; Stamps:  PTI; Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Die:  My Favorite Things

24 comments:

Ardyth said...

Perfect mixture of literal and non-literal travel themes here! Very clever!

Tracey McNeely said...

Cute cute Rosemary, love that airplane!

Deepti said...

beautiful theme :) and wonderful sentiment and great expression :)
lovely card

Melissa said...

You have a PTI set that has never been inked?! Egads! LOL! I'm not telling how many in that category I currently have... :}
Love this design, Rosemary! That little paper airplane reminds me of the piles of paper airplanes currently floating around my house. Two little boys are on a paper airplane kick!! :)

Benzi said...

The airplane is a fabulous idea and, for sure, this will be a super card for graduation.

N@ Ali said...

wow, lovely take on the challenges! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

Canonbury creations said...

Great theme for a graduation card Rosie, I love the little plane:)
Val x

Suze Bain said...

Love that paper plane stamp, a super card Rosemary. Xx

Maureen Merritt said...

I love how your paper airplane goes off the edge of the tag!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous neutral colours, Rosemary, perfect for a man card ... love the paper plane ... so much fun! Anita :)

Meghan said...

I had that set in and out of my cart many times at PTI but since I am currently in a huff with them over delivery issues [I still don't have my March order....grrrr and won't for several more weeks] I may never. I do love it and I love how you used it!

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card, love the sentiment!!!

Brandi said...

This is so cute and fun! Thanks for playing with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch!

Jenny said...

Yay congrats on your honourable mention for this card, love your CAS take on the sketch :0)
Jenny x

Jen W. said...

An awesome graduation card and one that I may have to CASE! I haven't given that Happy Trails set nearly enough love...

Anonymous said...

This is such a great card! Love the limited colour palette and the simplicity :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Nat said...

hi Rosemary, lovin this card you have created. perfect sentiment for this design!! :)

Kim S said...

Perfect in every way! Your simple colors are just right with the meaning - and that little plane flying off the edge is a wonderful touch! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Viv said...

It's fabulous Rosie, I love the colour and little plane.I have a 'take flight' GDT card to show but can't just yet darn it : Viv xx

Lisa Lara said...

I just love that paper airplane stamp. Very cool card Rosi girl.

Michelle said...

fabulous take on the cue word! the paper plane is so cute, Rosemary!

Judy1223 said...

Rosemary, glad you got to ink up that set...its perfect for this week's cue! What a great card for a graduation...classic!

Anonymous said...

Rosemary,

This is so fantastic. I love it!

stampingbowd said...

We both made honorable mention on CAS(E) the sketch so I thought I would come get a close up of yours! So cute!!! Fun sketch, wasn't it. I noticed on your side bar your favorites of the week at SCS. I am (ohmypaper!) on there....