"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 27, 2013

so sweet...

Hello friends!!  Saturday has rolled around I was able to get my Less is More card done early, again!!  YAY!!  I was also able to combine the LIM challenge with the new Dynamic Duos color combo... double YAY!!


The LIM challenge is week is a sketch and so for my card I used a never been inked Stampin Up! set called Sweet Cake.  The main image in the set is perfect fit for the sketch.  I first stamped the main image using Pink Pirouette and then a second time using Calypso Coral.  I trimmed out the entire pink image and then just the cupcake and the label portion from the Calypso Coral image.  The sentiment was stamped in the label and then everything was layered on the pink image using foam dimensionals.  I embossed the background using my Cuttlebug Modern Wallpaper EF, adhered the main image and then added these super tiny pink rhinestones. 

Thanks for stopping by.... 

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  Stampin Up! Sweet Cakes; Inks:  SU! Pink Pirouette and Calypso Coral, Memento Tuxedo Black; Embossing Folder:  Cuttlebug; Rhinestones:  Stampin Up!

20 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, that background is so pretty, Rosie! Love this "sweet" card! :)

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the design.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Lynne said...

Oh this is really sweet Rosemary. I love that EF.
Lynne xxx

Brenda said...

I am in love with that background Rosemary! Love the lattice and the gems!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Rosemary, I LOVE your embossed background with those perfectly placed teeny gems ... complements the yummy cupcake with shimmery cherry brilliantly! Anita :)

Margaret said...

Very pretty Rosemary
Margaret x

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
Yes here I am... I am glad somebody missed me!!!!!
Delicious and mouthwatering is how I would describe this card, I love the Bg, it reminds me of icing on a cake, so it is so appropriate to be matched up with your cupcake image.

Beautiful card.
Smiles:)
Sue

Kristi said...

Adorable! I love how you added the little jewels to the background!

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Fiona said...

So pretty. I bet it was fiddly sticking all those gems on!

Karen Day said...

A perfect card for such a girly colour combo! Great layering - your cupcake looks great over the framed shape. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week :o)

Nat said...

I am so in love with this embossing folder. love how you use it. gorgeous card Rosemary!

stampwithsandy said...

So cute! You're inspiring me to ink up this stamp set again.

Michelle said...

OMG, I love your perfectly placed pink gems, Rosemary!

Greta said...

Oh for crying out loud--you nailed it! Fabulous card, Rosemary!

Jen Nelson said...

stunning rosemary

Fabulous interpretation of my Sketch. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Anonymous said...

Perfect!
x

Judy Tuck said...

Beautiful! Love the gemstones.

Viv said...

Such gorgeousness Rosie, love it :) Viv xx

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Rosemary, for the "Darling" honor from DD for your fantastic card!!