"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

CCC #41 - Laughter...

Hello friends!!  Happy Tuesday!  Time for a brand new CASology challenge.  This week our cue word is one that is sure to make you smile!  Or maybe even giggle!  You can find all the challenge details here.  And we are joined this week by super talented guest designer, Cindy!! 




I must admit that I really struggled with this week's cue word, giggle.  My shoulder was bothering me for most of last week and when that happens it really saps my energy... creative or otherwise.  Couple that with the fact that I don't own a ton of stamp sets that lend themselves to the cue word I really had a hard time.  Finally I settled on this sentiment from the Stampin Up! set "Feel Goods" (Is that a weird name for a stamp set or what?? I thought it was a typo, but that is the name.  I really "head scratcher", lol!) I wanted to show that you can create great CAS cards by just using a simple sentiment.   I did jazz things up a bit by die cutting the sentiment using a My Favorite Things Jumbo Fishtail Flag Stax die and adding the sequins, but the sentiment really takes center stage.   I also created a subtle background on the black cardstock by running it through my Big Shot with a piece of burlap.  Love that look.

Thanks for stopping by... I cannot wait to see what up related ideas all you super talented papercrafters come up with for this challenge!! In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, and Meghan and our guest designer, Cindy!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white & true black; Stamps:  Stampin Up!; Ink:  Memento; Dies:  My Favorite Things; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson; Burlap:  PTI

19 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the sequins and the drama of the black! Great layout, too!

craftieodmae said...

your gorgeous creations always put a smile on my face.....

Karen M said...

Super card, Rosemary. Love that verse.

Barb said...

Awesome CAS design, Rosie! Love that sentiment, and the sequins are so fun! Hope your shoulder is feeling better soon!

Melissa said...

You have a way with banners, you know it?! LOVE the way the sentiment is in the spotlight and those sequins add just enough pop of color!!! :)

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card Rosemary, such a great sentiment and I love the sequins. Take care. xx

Anonymous said...

Simple and gorgeous, Rosemary ... wonderful quote and equally wonderful sequins! Anita :)

Greta said...

This one has me stumped for now, but I sure like what you came up with, Rosemary! Still gotta try the burlap trick & I love the look of the sequins here. Thanks for the inspiration & hope your shoulder is better.

judkajudi said...

I have to admit, I don't have much that says giggle to me, but I love that word!! You always do such wonderful work!!!

Meghan said...

Great sentiment! Love the sequins!

Jenni's Jems said...

The sentiment really catches your eye and love the simplicity of the overall card !Love it x

Maureen Merritt said...

Yup, it's a strange name for a stamp set, but awesome sayings and fonts! I love your sprinkling of sequins!

Judy1223 said...

What a great quote...it should take center stage on a card, and you have done so perfectly!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love your sentiment and those pretty sequins. Quite a statement with the black background.

Michelle said...

Rosemary, this couldn't be more perfect! Love the sequins!

Jen W. said...

Fabulous sentiment and I love the layers & scattered sequins!

Jean said...

Hope your shoulder is feeling better - Love the great sentiment on the banner & the sequins are the perfect finishing touch!!!

Jenny said...

The burlap texture is just perfect to jazz up a bkgd isn't it...have to say it's my fave over any embossing folder!!
Love how the sentiment takes centre-stage, such a truth too :0)
Jenny x

Darnell said...

I know I'm late coming by for this card, Rosemary, but I wanted to tell you I just LOVE it. I think Victor Borge was so super funny and I so agree with that sentiment. The way you have showcased it with the homemade burlap impression plate and the sequins ... superb!!