"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

CCC #42

Hello friends!!  Happy Tuesday!  Its time for a brand new challenge over at CASology!  This week our cue word is "care" so I hope that you will be "care"-fully thinking about what you are going to make for this challenge!!   All the deets can be found on the CASology blog.  We are being sponsored this week by Scrapin' Great Deals.


For my card I decided to get a little bit away from a classic clean and simple card and show you that you can add a bit of a style of card making that is on the opposite end of the spectrum from CAS and still make your card CAS.   The style of card making I'm referring to is "shabby chic".  Shabby chic is typified by lots of embellishments, layers and distressing the exact opposite of "clean and simple".   On my card I did use some embellishments, but I kept it to a minimum of three for the main grouping and then did add an additional layer of sorts with the ticket strip down the side.  The other shabby chic element I added was some simple distressing of the edges of the main layer, as well as the ticket strip.  But... I didn't go overboard with the distressing.  I only added enough for a bit of a shabby look.   I added a bit of stamping with the sentiment and a splatter image, but kept a lot of open or "white" space.  And there you have it... a hybrid of sorts... part shabby, part CAS.  The layout for my card is based on the soon to be closing CAS(E) this Sketch challenge.

Thanks for stopping by... I cannot wait to see what "care" related ideas all you super talented papercrafters come up with for this challenge!! In the meantime make sure you check out the cards from the rest of the design team: Melissa, Tracey, Jen, Ardyth, Judy, Maureen, and Meghan.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI Rustic White; Stamps:  Stampin Up! French Foliage & Because I Care; Embellishments:  Stampin Up!; Ink:  SU! Early Espresso & Primrose Petals; Twine:  Montana Misfits

29 comments:

craftieodmae said...

That is eye popping gorgeous!!!!!

Ardyth said...

Love how you combined shabby chic with CAS - gorgeous! Great colour and textures!

Barb said...

So beautiful, Rosie! Brilliant card!

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! I love it. Great colorcombo and a great take on the sketch! Great way to do shabby chic and CAS together.

N@ Ali said...

gorgeous! thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous combination, Rosemary, love the colour palette and how the vibrant pink colour of the heart ties it to the sentiment! Anita :)

Kristie Goulet said...

Love the shabby chic look with CAS!

Meghan said...

Love the colour palette Rosemary! A perfect "care" card!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
I do enjoy the times when you add elements to your cards,you have such a talent in design; you know when to stop! This is why you make such amazing CAS cards. I like how you have grouped the elements, and the palette is very pleasing to the eye, with your red heart just adding that 'pop' which lifts the card, it is just gorgeous.
Smiles :-)
Sue

Martha said...

Rosemary, what a FABULOUS take on the sketch! I love...love...love...how you made it CAS & shabby! Love the distressed edges, embellishments, & colors.

Jen W. said...

Rosemary, this is gorgeous! Who knew that a meeting of CAS and shabby chic could produce such a fabulous result? I love every little detail! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Sandy said...

Very pretty - I love the clear button!
Sandy

Judy1223 said...

Only YOU could merge layers, embellishments, shabby chic and CAS all into one gorgeous CS card! Just lovely!

Nat said...

totally stylish, and such great flow. gorgeous design!!!

Barb Ghig said...

This is such a lovely card, Rosemary! I love the muted color palette and 'shabby' elements...just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! I love the combination of CAS and shabby chic! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Deepti said...

What a lovely card :) as always :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

This card really rocks both challenges! Love the dimension and layers are super. Just a Wonderful card!

Darnell said...

Rosemary, you won the CAS(E) challenge if my brain waves have anything to do with it! In any case, it's a winner to me. Outstanding!!

jacque4u2c said...

Just love how everything pops!

Greta said...

You make cardmaking an art--I'm so in awe, Rosemary! This is beyond wonderful!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats on a well deserved Mention!!!

Jenni's Jems said...

I love this look and your is gorgeous! but it never work
for me I always end up binning it! x

Viv said...

Another beautiful creation again Rosie :) Viv xx

Darnell said...

P.S. Congratulations on the Favorites win! I knew it!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your CTS Favorites spot with this yummy CAS/shabby chic delight, Rosemary! Anita :)

Jenny said...

Sorry I'm so late popping by!!! So happy to see you got an honourable mention at CTS.... Love the ticket border and cluster of embellies :0)
Jenny x

Jean said...

Great combo. of the two styles ~ great soothing colors to go along with the sentiment!

Lisa Lara said...

Awesome Rosi!