"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, April 4, 2013

i heart you...

Hello friends!  Today was a yucky, rainy day and so I took some time to make a few cards.  First up is a card I made using the new color combo from CAS Colours and Sketches challenge and the current Cardabilities sketch.    The Cardabilities sketch really lends itself to clean and simple so it was perfect to pair with the CAS Colours and Sketches challenge.


I tend to be a bit to literal when it comes to sketches and have a hard time getting "outside the box".  With this card I definitely went a literal take on the sketch and used hearts and a fishtail banner.  The My Favorite Things/Lisa Johnson Designs Homespun Hearts set was just so perfect for this sketch that I had to use it and nothing else would do!  I die cut the three hearts and then stamped each with the corresponding heart image using the challenge colors.   The banner was cut using the MFT Fishtail Flag Stax dies and then the hearts layered.  Once they were attached I added the buttons.  I stamped the zig-zag stitching (from the MFT/LJD Hearts & Stitches set) in each of the colors and the adhered the banner.  The sentiment was stamped using black ink.  A few sequins were added to give the card a little something extra.

Thanks for stopping by... will be back tomorrow with the other card I made.

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; Stamps:  My Favorite Things/Lisa Johnson Designs; Inks:  Memento Summer Sky, Dandelion, Rhubarb Stalk & Tuxedo Black; Buttons:  PTI; Dies:  MFT; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson

19 comments:

Deepti said...

I simply love your cards, they are so CAS n so perfect :)

Teresa said...

Very beautiful card.. I love white cards and yours is just perfect :) Thanks for joining us on Cardabilites!

sandie said...

Great CAS card, I love how you stuck to the sketch, I am not too good at that!! The pops of colour are perfect. Thanks for joining us at CAS-COLOUR and Sketches

Louise van Vuren said...

It may be literal but it's no less lovely! perfect CAS and love the faux stiching stamp. Great use of our colours, Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours and Sketches

Louise xx

Viv said...

Another beauty Rosie,love the colours and LO esp. :) Viv xx

Kristi said...

Very pretty!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie
This looks like a CAS card I would design with all your little bits and pieces added Rosie! A wonderful colour palette; playful and happy.
I see stitching, but I am guessing it is faux....There is certainly gaiety running all through this creation, I love it. And there is nothing wrong in being literal!
Smiles:)
Sue

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A happy cheery card, love it.

Greta said...

This is wonderful, Rosemary! Reminds me that I've never used my stitches stamps. Love the addition of the sequins--unexpected & neat!

Adriana B said...

wonderful card
Thanks for playing at Cardabilities :)

Kylie said...

I LOVE your card. Those hearts are lovely and the addition of buttons are terrific. I have a phobia of buttons because whenever I try to use them, it just doesn't work for me. This card is great! Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S xx

Cathy McGrath said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Cardabilities.

Jen W. said...

Love the colours coordinating stitches and the scattered sequins!

karen h said...

This is so perfect - great job with the colors!! I love the scattering of buttons. I'm pinning for later inspiration! Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

Michelle said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Love the hearts and sequins!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful, Rosemary ... love that zig zag stitch border and the scattering of sequins ... lovely! Anita :)

Paula Knall said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at CAS Colours and Sketches. Paula xxx

June Houck said...

A literal interpretation works for me and your stitching is perfect! Your card makes me smile :)

Vera said...

Sweet and lovely card!
Thanks for playing along a cardabilities!

Vera