"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 6, 2013

a note of thanks...

Hello friends!!  Happy weekend... have a card I made for the new Less is More challenge.  This week is color challenge week and so Chrissie and Jen have asked us to make cards using lime and black.   And despite my strong desire to make a white card and stamp everything using black and lime green ink I struck to the two colors and made the following card:


I used two PTI sets:  Harvest Berries and Happy Trails.  The cardstock is PTI's Simply Chartreuse and True Black and the ink is Memento Tuxedo Black.  The other product I used on the card is one of the new PTI Quick Stitch Sentiments dies.  I stamped the gingko leaf images from Harvest Berries on the cardstock and then die cut the "thanks" using the Quick Stitch Sentiments "thanks" die.  The sentiment is from the Happy Trails set and I only used a portion of it as the complete sentiment says "a note of thanks" and I didn't need the "thanks" part.  So I just carefully inked up the portion I needed and stamped it.  A few black sequins were added, the piece mounted on a black cardstock base and I was done.  A bit severe, but I like it. 

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock, Stamps and die:  PTI; Ink:  Memento; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson

21 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Rosie,
Well I do not feel it is severe, Black cards can be cold, but using the Limy Green you have altered the balance to add some warmth, admittedly it is not a huge amount but it is there. But as you often do you have created interest by quick stitching the THANKS, and my goodness how this lifts the card.
It is gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Chrissie said...

As elegant as ever Rosemary!
This looks beautiful!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
x

Linby said...

wow- so effective, love the sequins.
Linbyx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is gorgeous

Canonbury creations said...

Gorgeous card Rosie, I don't think it's severe, I love those ginko leaves:)Love the stitched "thanks"
Val x

Deborah Frings said...

Simply fabulous! Love the little sequin accents!

Anonymous said...

The sweep of the gingko is so soft and gentle, Rosemary, as is the die cut 'thanks' so to me it's dramatic rather than severe ... and I'm loving the sequins you've been using! Anita :)

Linda said...

So pretty.

Lynne said...

Fabulous Rosemary, as always.
Lynne xxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Rosie
Gorgeous card.....i was thinking of using. This stamps....
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Martha said...

Rosemary, this is SO lovely! Beautiful work! Love the stamping, the fun sentiment, and the added sequins.

Jenny said...

Stunning card Rosemary, love the addition of the sequins too :0)
Jenny x

Viv said...

Gorgeous!

Greta said...

Love Harvest Berries & you've used it to perfection here! Wonderful card, Rosemary!

Jen Nelson said...

stunning.. and i love the sentiment
Love how you use the Lime and Black. Sorry I'm late visiting. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Jenni's Jems said...

I like this a lot ,its simply gorgeous! x

Viv said...

Wow ....fabulous as always Rosie :) Viv xx

Carina said...

great card i love it!

Michelle said...

love the use of sequins, Rosemary!