"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

a rosie posie smile...

Hello friends!!  Wow... it is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here in the PacNW.  Both the Olympic and Cascade mountain ranges are in full glorious view from my neighborhood!  That means Mt. Rainier dominates the view on one side and on the other it is the Olympics.  I just love days like these!!    I have a little card I made yesterday using my newly acquired Rosie Posie and Rosie Posie Step 2 sets from PTI, as well as the matching dies.  Not sure why it took me so long to purchase these sets because they are fabulous!! The layout for my card is based on the super talented Chupa's current Sketchbook Saturday sketch.  It has been way too long since I made a card using one of her sketches!!  The colors are from the current ColourQ combo.


I die cut the largest floral image and then stamped it with Pumpkin Pie ink.  I used the Step 2 image and stamped that over the top using Melon Mambo ink.  And dang... I really like how it turned out.  The leaves were die cut and then stamped using Kiwi Kiss by first inking up the leaf image, stamping it off and then stamping on the die cut.  The Step 2 image was then stamped using full strength Kiwi Kiss.  Once that was done I fiddled about for a while working on placement of the flower and leaves and the finishing touches.  I think I should have embossed the white panel after I stamped it with the sentiment just to give the card a bit more interest, but instead added the sequins.  Anywhoo... I do like how it turned out!

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  Cardstock:  PTI white; PTI kraft patterned paper; Stamps:  PTI and Hero Arts; Inks:  SU! Melon Mambo, Kiwi Kiss & Pumpkin Pie; Memento Tuxedo Black; Dies:  PTI; Ribbon:  PTI; Button:  SU!; Bakers Twine:  The Twinery; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson

18 comments:

Suze Bain said...

I wish we could get PTI in the UK, that flower is fabulous. A beautiful card Rosie (posie). Lol xx

Christine said...

The flower is just great Rosy, a very nice card!
Hug
Christine

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Rosemary. I love the depth new Rose Posie II adds to the images. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at the colourQ!

Andrea W said...

LOVE your use of the challenge colours and your distressed papers. Gorgeous card!

Greta said...

Love, love, love this card, Rosemary! I haven't inked up the new 2nd step stamps, but you've inspired me to get them out!

Barb said...

Love those citrus colors and you used them so beautifully, Rosie! Gorgeous card!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at colourQ!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card as always, Rosemary, love all the attention to the details as well as the way you used the colors! Thanks for playing with us at the colourQ and stopping by to say hello! Have a wonderful weekend.

Nikki Spencer said...

Just beautiful Rosemary! Your flower is gorgeous.

Mandy LaCroix said...

I love this card. You did a great job with all of it.

I've been contemplating that stamp set and you're beautiful artwork may have talked me into it! :)

Martha said...

Rosemary, I can almost picture the lovely view you've described. It sounds magnificent!

Your card is simply BEAUTIFUL! I love the BOLD sentiment & the gorgeous flower. I think the "Rosie Posie" set was certainly made for you.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh my gosh, you're rocking Rosie Posie!! Plus, you're making me want them too, lol... Super gorgeous pairing of colours on the flower, love the sentiment and sequins too! :)

Michelle said...

omg...this is so beautiful! love the big flower and sentiment!

Viv said...

Soooo gorgeous again Rosie, I love that flower and the beautiful colours you chose also :) Viv xx

Karen M said...

Simply beautiful!

Yapha Mason said...

Gorgeous card! That flower is beautiful! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ!

WickedPixie said...

I just love your card! And I think the white panel is perfect as is - no embossing necessary! Makes it perfectly CAS (which I struggle with, but admire so much!) :)Traci

Unknown said...

Love this card and I really like the type treatment and the way you tied the ribbon off to the side.