"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, April 7, 2013

find joy...

Hello friends!!  Another rainy day here in the PacNW... the perfect day to make cards and so I did, lol!  And after I finish this blog post I will mostly be making at least one more!  My card today is for the new challenge blog, Fusion.  My super sweet bloggy friend (and one I have actually met in real life), Lisa Lara, is a guest designer for the first challenge, as is my fellow CASology teamie, Tracey so I just had to play along. 



For my card I decided to use both the sketch and the beautiful inspiration photo. (Who wouldn't love to have a cake like that for their birthday???)  I stamped the chevron image in VersaMark ink on white cardstock, applied white embossing powder and then heat set it.  The white on white embossing is just barely visible so I have included a detail shot which shows the detail a little bit better .  The flowers were stamped in dark pink, orange and yellow inks and then die cut using the matching dies.  A black sequin was added to the center of each flower and then they were layered as you see.  The sentiment finished things off and the piece adhered to a bright green card base.  Not a super clever take on the challenge, but I really like how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplied:  Cardstock:  PTI white & Ripe Avocado; Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Dandelion & Tangelo, VersaMark watermark ink; Stamps:  Hero Arts Bold Pop Designs, Find Joy and Zig Zag Thanks; Dies:  Sizzix/Hero Arts Bold Pop Designs; Embossing powder:  Judikins; Sequins:  Ellen Hutson

21 comments:

karen h said...

Love this! The white on white chevrons are perfect and I love your color choices.

Judy1223 said...

Gorgeous, Rosemary! I've been thinking about this challenge since it was posted and really hope to play along...thanks for the inspiration!

Deepti said...

Beautiful as always :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Rosemary! Love those pretty flowers. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the first Fusion Hypothesis!

Lyndal said...

Love your white chevrons & gorgeous pops of colour flowers Rosemary!
So glad you joined in the fun for the first FUSION hypothesis :)

Lesley said...

Stunning card Rosie! Love those embossed chevrons and the three flowers...such a great FUSION card!

Marybeth said...

At first I did not see the white embossing until read about it. This is beautiful and bold. Bet its even prettier in person when you can see all the details. Love it!

Colleen said...

Love the embossing you did with the chevrons...that is a good idea, maybe I can remember that sometime! Fabulous card, Rosie, and thank you for leaving a sweet comment on my blog! I am originally from Seattle, but now live in Oregon...my BFF lives in Maple Valley...and I take the train to Tacoma to visit her!

Unknown said...

Another great card. It's always such a treat to stop by and see what you have created. Love it.

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous as always, lets think Spring and stay dry LOL

Jackie Rockwell said...

Beautiful, I love the subtle white chevrons. So glad you joined us for our very first Fusion challenge!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty. I love your take on the combination challenge - the chevrons are cool embossed in white, and the flowers pop beautifully. Love it! ;-) Thank you so much for joining us for our first Fusion challenge.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love it so bright and cheery

Christine said...

Very stylish card with the embossing Rosy!
Hug
Christine

~amy~ said...

Love the white on white chevrons...such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

Greta said...

Love the look of this card, Rosemary!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, white on white embossed chevrons, Rosemary ... simply gorgeous ... as are those bright, happy blooms ... just lovely! Anita :)

Unknown said...

LOVELY! The green base is the perfect backer for your awesome CAS design!

Jenny said...

A gorgeous take on the challenge, love the subtle embossed chevrons and placement of the flowers :0)
Jenny x

Lisa Lara said...

Gorgeous Rosi. Love the color.

Michelle said...

love the subtle embossing of the chevrons! pretty flower, too!