"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 25, 2020

bunny... love...

Hey there!  Popping in with a couple of cards.  The first one is for the current MFT sketch challenge, as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  The SSS challenge is about pets and while I don't have a bunny for a pet when I was younger our family had several different rabbits.  So it was a no brainer for me to pull out the MFT/Stacey Yacula Sending Sweet Celebration Wishes to color up the cute little bunny from the set.  I stamped the image on smooth Bristol cardstock with VersaFine Acorn ink and then colored it with ZIG markers.   Once the image was dry I die cut the bunny with the matching die.   I found a piece of patterned paper (from MFT) that I liked cut it to fit the card front and then die cut an oval using an MFT oval die set that they don't have any more.  I adhered the patterned paper piece with foam tape.  I then decided to stamp the banner from the set twice with VersaFine Morning Mist and colored with the same blue ZIG I used to color the bunny's hat and the cupcake holder.  The were die cut and then adhered to the card front.   The bunny was then adhered inside the oval using a double layer of foam tape.  I finished with the sentiment that I stamped in Morning Mist and die cut with an MFT fishtail flag die.  ETA:  Just realized that this card would work perfectly for the current Fusion challenge.  The sketch is even similar to the MFT sketch and my goodness... isn't that little critter in the photo just too darn cute!?




The second card is for Color Throwdown.  Normally I combine Color Throwdown with Freshly Made Sketches, but this time I was using the dies from the January Spellbinders small die kit of the month and as you can see it is a pretty large die.  It just didn't work with the sketch.  I die cut everything from pink, green and navy cardstock and then adhered thing.   Since the word love really takes center stage and I wanted the word you to be part of the card I first experimented with stamping the word you, but there wasn't really a good spot to place the stamped word.  So I pulled out December small die kit of the month and die cut the word you from navy cardstock and adhered it to the card in a spot the totally worked.   This card will be in the mail soon and on it's way to my little niece in California.  I hope she likes it!


Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!  If you are interested in finding out more about the Spellbinders monthly small die kit  you can find out more by clicking here.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Great designs! Love how you made the intricate "love" die the focal image on your card and finished the sentiment with the delicate "you" die cut. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Lisa Elton said...

I love bunnies and this one is a real sweetie, what a darling card! And your second one is as pretty as it can be!

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemary :-) the little bunny is adorable and I love the paper and banners, very cute. Love the photo staging too :-)

Your 2nd card is beautiful too, love those die cuts!! ❤️

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Greta said...

Love these cards, Rosemary! Brilliant use of the MFT sketch (I'm still trying to get mine done) & I such a neat card with the Spellbinders die!

TK said...

Sweet and pretty, love the bunny and your big word die

Anita in France said...

Just the cutest little bunny, Rosemary ... and such a pretty love you card with all the sweet blooms! Hugs, Anita :)