"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Monday, January 6, 2020

magnolia thanks...

Hello!  Hope your week is off to a great start.  I have a card to share that I made with a gorgeous stamp and die set from Stampin Up!  When I saw the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set and the matching Magnolia Memories die set in the Stampin Up! catalog I knew I had to get it.  I finally made it mine in December!   I will be posting this card to the following challenges:  Sunday Stamps (a gorgeous neutral palette that I have been dying to use!), CAS(E) this Sketch, the Paper Players and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  The challenge at the Paper Players is to use something new, as is the challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   So obviously the stamps and dies are my something new.  I stamped the flowers in VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist, did some simple coloring with my Polychromos pencils in shades of gray and then die cut them with the matching dies.  The sentiment is also from the set and was stamped on vellum with VersaMark watermark ink and heat embossed with WOW! embossing powder in black.   The large flower was adhered to dark gray cardstock that I die cut with a rectangle die.  The sentiment was trimmed down and adhered over the top of the flower.  I added the smaller flower and some sparkling clear sequins from Pretty Pink Posh.   Super happy with how it turned out.




Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a wonderful week!

9 comments:

Betty said...

beautiful card, Rosemary!

Lisa Elton said...

The gray and white blooms with the vellum sentiment strip are as elegant as they are beautiful. This is a marvelous card Rosemary!

Greta said...

Incredibly beautiful card, Rosemary! Love the elegant look!

Heather said...

So pretty, Rosemary - this is so striking in our neutrals, and such a simple and perfect layout. Love those big sequins! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

TK said...

Drop Dead Gorgeous! Wow, this is so stunning

Anita in France said...

Elegant and lovely, Rosemary ... your colouring is just beautiful! Hugs, Anita :)

Stef Perry said...

Wow, the Magnolia looks so wonderful in neutral gray with your colored pencil shading. Totally gorgeous! So glad you joined The Paper Players this week with this beauty!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Rosemary! I love the neutral colors...it's so serene and classy. Stamping on vellum in order to allow the image to peek through is a great idea. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players!

Annette Elliott said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love everything about it Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing along with Sunday Stamps! :)