"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 30, 2020

fancy thanks...

Did some more coloring.  This time for the Altenew Inspiration challenge.  The colors are so pretty, but ones that I was struggling to put together.  I'm determined that this year I will stretch myself and make things with color combos that I find challenging.   After giving several different ideas some serious thought and realizing that I was running out of time I decided to try an idea with the sweet Starry Flowers stamp and die set.  I stamped the images on smooth Bristol with VersaFine CLAIR Acorn ink and then colored the flowers using a combination of orange and red ZIGs for the petals and then purple for the center of the flowers.  The stems and leaves were colored with a dark green ZIG.  Once the images were dry I die cut with the matching dies.  The layout is from Freshly Made Sketches and I did think about making my card a square I ended up going with my usual A2 size card.  I die cut a circle from off white cardstock and then adhered that with foam dimensionals to a card base made from the same cardstock.   I added three score lines to the card base, but I don't you really see them.  I then adhered the flower stems to the circle.  The Altenew Fancy Thanks die was cut three times from dark green cardstock, stacked and then adhered to the card front.  Going to include this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, as well.



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

13 comments:

Betty said...

your card turned out beautifully, Rosemary - I, too, struggle with "different" color combos.

Lisa Elton said...

Looks like you handles this color combo perfectly Rosemary!! This is gorgeous!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! NO problem for you, a Beautiful card.
Faith x

Kathy said...

A lovely card, Rosemary! What a great color combo, and so well done in those flowers. I see the scores lines, a nice touch.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Can almost smell those blossoms, they look so realistic! Great coloring, Rosemary!!

TK said...

You nailed it, Rosemary! Beautiful colors, stretching to put together in such a beautiful, amazing way.

Anita in France said...

So vibrant and eyecatching, Rosemary ... you sure used that stretching colour combo beautifully! Hugs, Anita :)

Lee Ann Barrett said...

It's gorgeous, Rosemary! I think your idea of stretching yourself with difficult color combos is a great idea. It certainly worked here! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Virginia L. said...

Beautiful interpretation, Rosemary! Thanks so much for playing Altenew January Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

Viv said...

Wow I love it Rosie ! Viv xx

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you grounded this gorgeous floral with the circle panel! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Those orange and pink flower branches look so striking against the all white background. Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

Beautifully colored and such stunning colors! I love the big "thanks" on those gorgeous flowers. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.