"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

A Glimmer Christmas...

Hello everyone!  I'm popping in with four Christmas cards that I made using my Spellbinders Glimmer hot foil system and lots of different Glimmer plates.   Spellbinders is currently having a great sale on the Glimmer systems as well as up to 40% off select Glimmer plates.  You can check it out here or just click on the banner.   There are lots of new Christmas Glimmer plates but the ones I'm using today were released last year.  I was able to purchase a Christmas Glimmer kit that included all the products I need to make the four cards that I'm sharing.  I had so much fun creating these cards and I think that I'm going to make additional cards based off of one of the cards I made.  This kit is no longer available, but there is a new Christmas kit featuring Glimmer products available on the Spellbinders website.

Now on to the card!  As I indicated above the kit included everything that I needed to make all the cards with the exception of one of the foils that I used.    Instructions are provided, as well.  At one point I thought I would just make my own cards, but then decided to go ahead make the cards per the instructions, with small changes to two of the cards.  The first card is the simplest one, but I think really packs a punch.   The stamp set that was included in the kit has two Christmas type trees in it and the instructions call for the largest one to be heat embossed in white on a light blue cardstock.  The banner was created by using foiling one of the included plates with red foil and then trimming out the banner portion, adhering it over the tree and then finishing off the card with gold flatback pearls.   This card would be so fun to create using several different foils and cardstock backgrounds.  Going to add this one to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.

The next card also features the Glimmer foil plate used in the first card, but this time you get to see the entire foiled image! The Glimmer plate used is called Merry Christmas Banner.  I made a couple of little changes to this card.  I foiled the image on the medium blue cardstock, but did not do any ink blending on the card as suggested in the instructions.  I die cut the piece and adhered it to a white cardstock base.  I foiled the sentiment, trimmed it down and then adhered it to the card front.  With the sentiment I also deviated from the instructions.  At first I wasn't going to add the leaves and little gold pearls, but decided to follow that part of the instructions and I do like how it turned out.   Again, this is a card that would be fun to foil in lots of different colors with different background colors.





The next two cards are definitely more involved and feature lots of die cutting.   The first one features the elegant Faux Script Holiday Cheer glimmer plate.  This is another card that would be fun to create using different foils and colored cardstock.   The large sentiment, as well as the smaller sentiment were foiled on the red cardstock and adhered to the embossed panel.  The smaller sentiment is from the Glimmer plate set called Holiday Sentiments.    The poinsettia, leaves and little sprigs were die cut from various cardstocks and adhered to the card front as show.  The dies used for the flower and leaves are from another Glimmer plate set called Ornament.  You will see the ornament plate in action on the final card.   I could see making this card and using the sentiment "and Happy New Year" instead of the Merry Christmas sentiment used on the card I made.

The final card is the most ornate of the four and was lots of fun to create.  I made a few little changes to this card.  The Ornament Glimmer plate set includes the large ornament glimmer plate and then all the dies to cut the poinsettia, leaves, berries and little sprigs.  You can still get this set at a great sale price.  This card also uses the Merry Christmas Banner plate.  It is only in the background mostly covered up by the large ornament.  The ornament is foiled in green on green cardstock and then trimmed out.  There is an oval die in the Ornament set and I used that to die cut the oval center from the ornament.  I then foiled the sentiment (also included in the Ornament set) on blue cardstock, die cut it with the oval.  The ornament was adhered to the cardstock piece that I foiled with the banner plate and then I popped the oval sentiment in the center.  The poinsettia, additional leaves, and sprigs were die cut, layered together and then adhered to the panel.   The finished panel was adhered to a cardstock base along with a strip of embossed cardstock.   There is a lot of dimension on this card so I think I will just hand deliver this card instead of sending it through the mail.

I hope you enjoyed seeing all the Christmas cards I made.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!



5 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Rosemary - you've been busy!! Just love your foiled creations, especially card four (my fave). The ornament looks amazing with all the embellishments!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh... what PRETTY cards!! I especially love the first one. The colors are just magnificent!

Anita in France said...

Foiled loveliness, Rosemary ... a fabulous Christmas collection ... that first one with the delicious blue/white/red/gold colour palette is especially gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Greta said...

I missed this post. Guess I thought I'd seen it because of the 2 on IG. Anyway, so glad to see all 4 here, Rosemary! You are really selling me on the Glimmer system--such a beautiful effect! Love them all, but the 3rd card really stands out to me--maybe because I just love red, white, gold & the embossed panel!

TK said...

Four absolutely fantastic cards -- full of beauty!