"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, August 20, 2020

a simple card...

Hey there!  Have you ever created a card that when you were done you just weren't really very happy with how it turned out?  Well... this card is just that kind of card.  Overall there isn't any thing really wrong with it, but I'm just not super happy.   Maybe it is just too plain...  Anyway I used the color combo from Color Throwdown, the layout from Freshly Made Sketches and the new Spellbinders/Becca Feeken Nested Clipped Squares.   After initially diecutting the squares I was going to use I decided that they were just way too plain looking so I die cut frames for the two larger squares.   I wasn't able to do that for the smallest square and I think that is part of the problem.  It just looks a little out of place without a frame.  The sentiment was hot foiled using my Glimmer and black foil.  I really like how it actually looks like stamping.   I adhered the purple square to my white cardstock panel and then adhered the blue one on top.  The yellow one was adhered with foam dimensionals.  I then adhered the frames to the squares so that they look like they are interlocking.  The sentiment was foiled, die cut and then adhered.  Still looked too plain so I die cut a small square from the dark blue cardstock and adhered it to the center of the large blue square.  Looked a little better, but still not happy.   But... I made it so I need to own it and just go with it!   Just wanted to mention that Spellbinders is having a deal going on right now.   Just click on the banner in my side bar to go to the Spellbinders website.



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

11 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cool card, Rosemary!! Not your usual style but I like the geometric look of it! Great color combo too - would be perfect for a guy, even with the yellow.

Lisa Elton said...

I think it's a cool take on the sketch Rosemary, modern and funky!

TK said...

I believe this card is wonderful! While not one of your beautiful flowers, and it's CAS, it's still wonderful, Rosemary

Anita in France said...

Graphic, cool, contemporary and really packs a punch, Rosemary ... it's fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour combo on this card and your take on the sketch Rosemary. Why do we criticise our own work so much? LOL.
Faith x

Greta said...

I really like the interlocking frames & the addition of the little square on the blue one!

Karren said...

This is such a wonderful graphic card and what a great use of the colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Rozema said...

You may not like it, but I love it! The interlocking frames, and the colors are wonderful! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Lori said...

I think this is a great CAS design! The interlocking frames add so much interest to the card. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a great card! I love the geometric design and it's a great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

Hurrah for the shout out at FMS! So much for not being that happy with the card--haha!