"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, August 30, 2020

a three card share...

I almost put a three card monty as my title, lol!  I used to hear that saying, but never really knew what it meant.  So I looked it up and it is a confidence game or con game!  Learn something new, right?!  Anyway, I have three cards to share.  First up is a card for Color Throwdown.  Thanks to some enabling by the super talented Kelly Lunceford I finally broke down and purchased my first products from Ink to Paper.  I used the It's A Sign:  Love & Kindness set along with inks from Catherine Pooler.  The peach ink I used is called Bellini and is very dark so I did some second generation stamping so that the image had the light peach called for in the color combo.  I still have to do some work figuring out the correct way to die cut the little flowers, but felt they were good enough for now.  To make the sentiment stand out more I placed the second sentiment over the peach background and stamped with VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist.  Arranged everything on a white cardstock panel and I was done.


The next card is for this month's Altenew inspiration challenge.  I wasn't going to enter anything as I couldn't figure out what the colors were, but decided to make something since I could use the sketch.  I stamped the Color A Flower Hydrangea with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne on watercolor paper, let it dry and then colored the image with Ranger distress inks in Bundled Sage and Chipped Sapphire.  I trimmed down the panel, added some score lines to mimic the sketch and adhered it to a light sandy colored cardstock base.  The sentiment is from the Altenew Label Love set, stamped three times with VersaFine CLAIR Morning Mist, trimmed out and popped up on the image to mimic the square element in the sketch.  I did manage to get gray in to my color scheme dispite not really know what the colors to be used were!  Think I will add this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.




The final card is for the MFT sketch challenge.  I had previously made a card using the gorgeous Floral Focus image, but had only used part of it because it is easy to cut the piece into two separate pieces.  I'm using the piece that I did not use on today's card.  I colored the image with Copic markers in shades of violet and green.  I die cut the banner using a MFT fishtail flag stax die and stamped the sentiment from another MFT floral set on the banner with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink.  I adhered the image to the banner using glue.  The strips were cut from purple cardstock and for some reason I used the wrong purple!  I had another purple out that went with the colors better, but put it back instead of the one I used.   I adhered the strips and then attached the banner using foam tape and glue dots.  The panel was then adhered to a white cardstock base.  A nice clean and simple take on the sketch! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three beauties perfect for those challenges, Rosemary!! My fave is card three with the purple flowers on the banner - great take on the sketch!!

Greta said...

Wow--you sure have your mojo going, Rosemary! 3 wonderful cards! I love the gray sentiment on the peach background--wouldn't have thought to do that! The hydrangea is so pretty! Took me forever to figure out the colors for that challenge. The graphic looked totally different on my phone compared to my laptop. Your Copic coloring on the MFT card is just plain gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh my goodness, you've been busy! This is a trio of prettiness!

Anita in France said...

What lovely florals, Rosemary ... on each one! Your colouring is fantastic ... the violet and green on the last card is especially fabulous! Hugs, Anita :)