"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

A Couple More Christmas Cards

As my post title indicates I have a couple of Christmas cards to share.   When I saw that the Paper Players challenge this week was a color one that included gold I knew I need to pull out my Spellbinders November Glimmer kit and made a card!  I love hot foiling with my Glimmer!   Since both cards use the same color scheme I decided to photograph them together.  ETA:  I decided to enter this in the Color Hues challenges.  This card has more green on it than the first card I entered.  


I wanted to foil the border and sentiment I chose from the kit on dark green cardstock.  Sometimes when you foil on colored cardstock things don't turn out well.  So I decided to do a test run on a scrap piece of the dark green.  It turned out perfect, but was too small for what I wanted to do.   I set it aside and foiled a larger piece that I could cut down.   I also foiled the second border on the darkest red cardstock I have in my stash... Stampin Up! Cherry Cobbler.  It is my all time favorite red cardstock!  I then layered the two foiled piece together and die cut them with a Spellbinders rectangle die.   The rectangle is one that cuts slightly smaller than a card front and I did not like the look.  So I simply trimmed down the cream card base.  Much better!  Then I added a lot of red Spellbinders gems to the one border.   

Once I was done with that card I decided to create a second card using the first dark green piece I foiled.  This time I put the dark green on a red cardstock with the looped border foiled on the cream cardstock.  I also used a ton of the red Spellbinders gems.  I love how both turned out!   





Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two incredible cards Rosemary and both so pretty!

LeAnne said...

Wowza....that gold foiling looks fabulous on both cards! What a stunning array of diecutting, colors and bling! Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Players this week and using my color challenge!

Nancy said...

Oh, Rosemary, These are incredible! I am so impressed right now! Thanks for playing with us once again at The Paper Players! Merry Christmas to you!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty Rosemary! The gold foiling looks amazing. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players! Merry Christmas to you. :)

Karen said...

Both are stunning! These are the prettiest cards I've seen with that Spellbinders hot foil plate. Hoping for a Glimmer Hot Foil machine under my Christmas tree. You certainly have given me lots of inspiration. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Vikki H said...

Your cards and another by Laurie Willison prompted my request for the Glimmer system for Christmas. Both of your designs are extraordinarily beautiful. Merry Christmas.

TK said...

So beautiful! I really adore all that foiling

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!