"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 25, 2022

thinking pink...

 Hello!  It has been a while since I last posted, lol!  Been working on things and honestly there are just some days when I don't feel like making anything.   But since I love playing along with Color Throwdown and Freshly Made Sketches, I decided to get myself in gear and make something.   In fact, I made two somethings, lol!  First up is my card for CTD and FMS.

I love stamping... just plain old stamping with maybe a little die cutting.  However, lately I have not been doing as much stamping as I would like.  Lots of die cutting going on, but not much stamping.  So, to remedy that I decided to pull out a beautiful stamp and die set from Stampin Up! called Hand-Penned Petals.  Stampin Up! was one of the first stamp companies that I purchased from and I still love their products.  I had to do a lot of trial and error to finally arrive at the shade of pink I wanted.   I wanted a very soft pink and that was achieved by using my Memento Angel Pink ink pad.  The green shades are supposed to be a spring like green and sage, but I think I used two colors that are too similar.  What do you think?  After doing all my stamping I die cut the image with the matching die.  I then used a very old Spellbinders nestabilities square die to cut out the opening in the card.  I backed the white panel with fog gray cardstock and adhered it to my card base.  I then added the floral piece over the opening.  I finished with a few sequins in colors that matched my inks.  




And... we are back to die cutting, lol!  Sorry... couldn't help it.  I just purchased a couple of Memory Box dies from Ellen Hutson and I just had to use them on a card for this month's Memory Box challenge.  I have never played along with their challenges because I didn't have alot of their dies, but now I have a few more so maybe I will play along in the future.  So, I have pink on the brain, I guess.  Not only did the first card feature pink, but this card does, too.  The theme at the MB challenge is to use pink so there you have it!   I die cut the little flowers (MB Layered Impatiens) from a light pink cardstock and then adhered them together.   The Happy Birthday Posh Script top layer was die cut from the same pink three times and stacked.   The shadow and leaf sprigs were cut from white.  I was going to leave the background plain, but then decided to use the Pinkfresh Studio Sparkling Diamond cover plate die that arrived in the mail today.  I layered on all my pieces and then finshed the flowers with white pearls from Trinity Stamps.  Going to add this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.


Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope your day is lovely.

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A double dose of pretty in pink, Rosemary! I love those Hand-Penned Petals and your colors look great to me!

Greta said...

Oh wow--a post for me--haha! You know I love pink & you've made 2 wonderful pink cards, my friend! I love the first one with that sweet floral image & the greens look just fine to me! The MB card is so fresh & beautiful! Love that cover plate & may end up getting it one of these days. It's perfect with those sweet flowers!

TK said...

Pretty in Pink! Both cards are just wonderful, the colors, the texture, the tiny Impatiens -- very pretty indeed

Kim S said...

I love all of your flowers! The first is so beautiful with the sketch - I love the multiple colors of sequins to accent the flower. And I'd already saved the pink card into my wishlist because I love what you did with the sentiment surrounded by those sweet flowers! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You sound in the same frame of mind as I am! However you have made 2 cards that are just stunning Rosemary. I love the delicate pink and the very pretty designs and dies. sigh! their gorgeous.
Faith x

Broni said...

Both cards are beautiful! LOVE all the pink!! I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Cécile RIBON said...

I just love your delightful take on the sketch and color palette. This bouquet is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us at freshly Made Sketches this week.