"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, February 10, 2022

you make me happy...

 Hello!  It has been awhile since I last posted.  I have been working on things, but I can't post them just yet.  I finally got sometime the other day to make a quick card for my two favorite challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.


One of the stamp companies that got me going on my stamping journey was Stampin Up! and I still love their products.  I recently purchased their Rainbow of Happiness bundle.   Generally I'm not drawn to rainbow stamp sets, but there was something about this bundle of products that caught my attention.  I started by die cutting the small rainbow die from blue and gold cardstock.  I trimmed down the blue piece into a rectangle, applied washi tape to the back and then inserted the gold rainbow pieces inside.  I used green glitter cardstock to die cut the little rainbow border, as well as a little heart.  White cardstock was die cut with an AJVD Stitched Dot rectangle die and then temporarily adhered it to the card front so I could determine where to place the sentiment.  I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine CLAIR Twilight ink and then adhered the border and the rainbow piece.  I finished with the little green glitter heart and some tiny gold stars that I found in my stash. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card, Rosemary love the sparkle!

Kim S said...

I love your use of the rainbow for this sketch and for the color combo! It's so eye-catching! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! Love that sentiment!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

TK said...

What a fun card, and masculine in color too! I do like the use of the rainbow with the sweet heart as the pot-o-gold at the end

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your rainbow in blue & gold, Rosemary! So fun with that border behind it!! Happy Valentine's Day and thanks for the beautiful bday card!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a darling card, cute and lovely Rosemary.
Faith x

Amy O said...

I love this rainbow, and I love it in gold. The tiny stars are a great addition too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Love what you created with this rainbow. Just such a sweet card. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Broni said...

I love this darling card!

Greta said...

Fun card & creative use of the sketch! Sorry I'm so behind on blogs, but catching up a little tonight.