"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

butterflies...

 Hello and happy first day of February!   I'm popping in with a card for the Pinkfresh Studio monthly challenge and the Paper Players.   I often want to play along with Paper Players, but the week speeds by and I find that the challenge has ended.   However, when I saw their current challenge (a tic-tac-toe one) and it featured butterflies I just had to play along.   The Pinkfresh Studio challenge this month is to use one of the challenges from 2021.  I'm using the one from September of leaves and greenery.


I recently purchased some acetate from Spellbinders that is for hot foiling so when it arrived I had to try it out.  My first couple of tries didn't work, but the hotter my Glimmer got the better result I got.  I foiled the Pinkfresh Studio Small Butterflies hot foiled plate using Aura foil from Spellbinders.  I will tell you that die cutting the acetate is not the easiest thing to do.  I'm glad that I have a Gemini Jr.   That thing exerts enough pressure to cut through the acetate fairly well.   I then just die cut the butterflies from some patterned paper from P13 and adhered the butterflies together so you could see the foiling better.  For the Paper Players challenge I chose the row of butterflies, birthday and stenciling.  I used the Daisy Wreath stencils from Pinkfresh Studio for my stenciling and just used the leaves stencils.  I used Bundled Sage distress oxide ink was used for the stenciling.  The leaves border die was a free one from Scrapbook.com.  It is a collaboration between Scrapbook.com and Pinkfresh Studio.   I used more patterned paper from P13 to die cut the leaf border and the circle.  The rectangle was die cut from off white cardstock using a Pinkfresh Studio Folk Edge rectangle dies.  I layered everything up, added the foiled sentiment (from Pinkfresh Studio) and then finished off the butterflies with some little white gems. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


6 comments:

Greta said...

Elegant & beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Greta! It's also so serene!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Totally gorgeous and I love all the layers, Rosemary!! Those patterned leaves add the perfect touch with your stunning butterflies!!

TK said...

Gorgeous and amazing layers, this is delicate and beautiful!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is such a beautiful card Rosemary with so many elements and details. I was really interested to here about your foray into foiling too - I've resisted so far, but it sounds like something I'm going to have to try! So glad you found the time to play along with us over at The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Love the pretty butterflies. Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players, so happy you joined us this week!