"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, October 15, 2022

grateful for you...

 Hello!  Been awhile since I last posted.  Honestly, my papercrafting mojo has been somewhat MIA for a while now.  I'm trying to get it back by participating in my two favorite challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  Let's take a look at what I made:


The FMS layout is a nice simple one that you can really tailor to products you want to work with.  I had recently gotten the Simon Says Stamp Fab Flower die and decided that I really wanted to make a card with it.  Originally, I die cut the flower pieces from all three of the CTD colors, but as I looked at my arrangement, I thought it was too clunky.   So, I decided to go through all the SSS dies I had that featured leaves of some kind and settled on the Etched Berry Branch die.   The die is larger than I wanted to use so I just used portions of it to die cut the leaves from brown and the berries from blue.  The background was created using the Birch Press Pinpoint Radial Plate die.   I trimmed it down to fit the sketch and then layered all the other elements.  The sentiment is from a little SSS stamp set called Simply Thank You and was stamped in VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink then die cut into the banner.  I added one little gem to the center of the flower to finish things off.  Very clean and simple, but when I don't have a lot of mojo clean and simple is the way to go for me!  I also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of fall colors as I think my card fits.  






Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

9 comments:

Greta said...

Unique & lovely card, Rosemary! Great idea to use that radial die for the background!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What an amazing card, Rosemary! Just love the radial blog with the flower/berry/leaf cluster - great take on the sketch!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love this Rosemary, a beautiful way of using the colours and the EF is perfect. Love it.
Faith x

Lyn said...

Such a beautiful card, great kickstart <3

Celeste Goff said...

I love the clean simplicity of this card!

Lisa Elton said...

Those circles in the background draw you right in! Fantastic card, Rosemary! I think my mojo and your mojo must be vacationing together LOL!

Karren said...

I'm so sorry your mojo is missing - it is so frustrating. However, this card shows no signs of missing mojo! Gorgeous elements and the background is fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

TK said...

Your mojo might be MIA but your crafting skills are NOT! What a wonderful card, and I love the use of the pinpoint circles to make tree rings (or at least that's how I see it)!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your creations are always exceptional and this card rocks all of the challenges! Love those embossed radiating circles! Thanks for joining us at CTD!