"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, October 23, 2022

just for you...

 Hello!  Popping in to share a card that I made for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.   I have been working on other projects but wanted to take a little time to make "just for fun" card.   The colors at CTD are orange, green and white and the sketch at FMS features three of something and a sentiment.  Since it is fall and the leaves on the trees are changing color my thoughts turned to a die set that I recently purchased from Poppystamps called Fanciful Fall Leaves.   The last time I used the set I had some leave leftover and as luck would have it, they worked perfectly for CTD as well as the Color Hues challenge!  Here is my card.


As you can see the card is very simple.  Just the leaves, the sentiment and a little white twine.  True story as I was making the card, I was so intent on arranging the leaves that I forgot to die cut the white cardstock first.  I didn't realize what I had done until I had the first one glued down!   So, I had to go "old school" and trim my panel down with my paper trimmer!   Added the other leaves and the sentiment from a Reverse Confetti stamp set called Poppies. 




Anywhoo... thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day.  Our fall weather finally decided to show up here in the Pacific Northwest.  We had been having unseasonably warm weather and no rain.  Lots of wildfires left us with bad air quality.   Rain and colder temps have finally arrived, sort of.  But that is the PNW for you!  



15 comments:

Nancy said...

It may be CAS but it looks wonderful. It is well balanced and I love the added twine. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Vee said...

Gorgeous!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful leafy CAS card, Rosemary!! Enjoy your fall day; we too have warm weather 74F in fact. Too windy to enjoy it though...

Lisa Elton said...

Perfectly CAS and perfectly lovely!

Kim S said...

I love the soft colors you added to those pretty leaves - so fresh-looking on white with the white bow. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Tracey McNeely said...

Rosemary this is such a beautiful design, CAS perfection and those leaves are so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing with us at he Color Hues!

Karen said...

I love the simplicity and beauty of this card, Rosemary! A perfect CAS design and a perfect fit for the sketch as well. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Broni said...

Love this, Rosemary! Great use of the colors and the sketch!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown.

TK said...

CAS and pretty, it suits the season perfectly

Hannelie said...

Love those leaves and the beautiful variation of Autumnal colors ! Great take on the sketch and colors :)
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues Rosemary!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your take on the sketch and the lovely colour mix Rosemary, so beautifully put together. The twine makes it even more so I think.
Faith x

Donna3d said...

Perfect CAS fall card!! This style is not easy to do but you make it look easy.

Cécile RIBON said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Definitely CAS perfection. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cindy Beach said...

Can I just say CAS is not simple! This is fabulous and so elegant! The texture and stitching details add so much and a bow tops it off perfectly. Loved having you play at Color Hues!

Greta said...

Pretty leaves & perfect CAS card, as always!