"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, November 6, 2022

happy thanksgiving...

 Hello everyone!  Hope things are well in your world.  I'm popping in with a card for a few challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, the Paper Players and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  I had started working on the card on Saturday but decide to wait to finish it to see if what I had started might work for the Paper Players challenge and it did!  Let's take a look. 


I bought the Simon Says Stamp Pumpkin Set quite a while ago, but never got the chance to make anything with it.  When I saw the FMS sketch, I thought it would be perfect for the circular element on the card.  I didn't make my card square, but I don't often make square cards to begin with, lol!  I used a Spellbinders embossing folder called Falling Leaves to emboss the kraft cardstock and then cut it apart to create the two other elements.    The pumpkin, stem and leaves were die cut from bristol cardstock and then I inked up the pumpkin with Dried Marigold, Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge distress oxide inks.  The leaves were inked with Bundled Sage and Rustic Wilderness.   I used different levels of foam squares to create a bit of a curve to the pumpkin, but not sure I succeeded.  The sentiment is from the Simon Says Stamp Full of Thanks stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment with green ink and then die cut it with an AJVD label die.  I purchased the SSS November card kit and was set to get it on Oct. 29th.  The mail came but the kit was delivered to me.  According to the tracking info the delivery person delivered it to the wrong address where it was refused.  So, I thought it was going back to Simon Says Stamp.  However, on Monday we had a different delivery person, and I got my kit!   So glad it came, and I was able to use a sentiment from the set.



Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!


11 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Oh, that big pumpkin is awesome! And I love the embossed background too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, I love your embossed background and that dimensional pumpkin! The distress ink blending is fabulous! Thank you for making my challenge shine at The Paper Players!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love that jumbo pumpkin, Rosemary, and it looks great atop the embossed split panel.

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute pumpkin, this is delightful!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful and very effective card Rosemary. I love the embossing with the beautiful pumpkin.
Faith x

Amy O said...

I love that cute pumpkin, and I love how it pairs with the embossed background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this big pumpkin taking center stage! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week, Rosemary.

Christy Lynn said...

Sweet Thanksgiving card, Rosemary! I love the embossed panels in the background, they're perfect behind your large pumpkin. Thanks for playing along with the Paper Players this week!

Greta said...

Love how you inked the diecuts, Rosemary! Beautiful card!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty and perfect for the fall season, Rosemary! Love the added detail from the embossed background. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

TK said...

Pretty card -- love the big pumpkin on that pretty embossing folder