"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, November 12, 2022

with gratitude...

 Hello!  It is a beautiful day here in the Puget Sound region of Washington state. Cold, but beautiful and finally the leaves have turned to those gorgeous shades of red, yellow and orange.  Wasn't sure it was going to happen tho as we had temperatures in the 70s just a few weeks ago.  Anyway, my card today reflects those autumnal colors. 

I was a busy bee the other day making cards for my mom to give to her grandchildren and great grandchildren for upcoming birthdays and Christmas.  I have a few more to make but pushed pause on that endeavor to make a card for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.  The colors at CTD are those rich autumnal shades I mentioned above plus a little gray thrown in.   Initially I thought it was a completely different color combo and thankfully I learned my error before I started making my card.  To get the beautiful rich cranberry red, yellow gold and rust called for I used my new crafty love:  distress mica sprays!   I used Harvest Moon from the Tim Holtz 2022 Halloween collection and Tart Cranberry from the Tim Holtz 2022 Holiday collection.  I combined Harvest Moon and Tart Cranberry to get the pretty rust you see on the third leaf.   I took my cue from the beautiful cards Jen M and Cecile made using the FMS sketch.   The leaves were die cut with a favorite die leaf die from A Jillian Vance Design and then adhered to the die cut panel.  The sentiments are from the Simon Says Stamp Full of Thanks stamp set.  They were stamped on light gray cardstock with gray ink, trimmed out and popped up on the card.  I finished with a few clear sequins and the little kraft twine bow. 


Here is a close up of the leaves so you can see the beautiful shine from the mica sprays.  Just love it!
Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!







9 comments:

Greta said...

Beautiful leaves & card, Rosemary!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch and colors, Rosemary - just love the dimensional leaves with the mica sprays!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Gorgeous rich hues of these autumn colors! Love your leaf dies that allow you to fold slightly for added dimension. So glad you joined us at CTD this week!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful, Rosemary!

Linda Callahan said...

Your leaves are gorgeous! love the shine! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very, very beautiful Rosemary, Love the leaf dies, beautifully shaped and a delightfully designed card too. Our leaves have nearly gone in the awful rain & wind we have been having recently. They were lovely colours though. :)
Faith x

Lynn Put said...

Such a lovely fall card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown!

Broni said...

I honestly thought the leaves were multicolored until I got a closer look! I can see why you love the Mica Stains!! Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

TK said...

So pretty -- those sprays really are gorgeous!