"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, November 19, 2022

happy thanksgiving...

 Hello!  Popping in with a quick share of a card that I made for Color Throwdown and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to use stencils.  The card also works for the current Card Concept challenge using the Thanksgiving inspiration.   I think my card would be considered clean and layered.   I will explain how I used stencils down below!  ETA:  At the urging of Darlene from Stencil Fun to enter their November challenge.  Thanks for letting me know about your challenge, Darlene!


I couldn't resist the Simon Says Stamp November card kit as it is full of wonderful products including a beautiful stamp set.  I have used a couple of the sentiments from the set, but not any of the stamps.   When I saw the colors for CTD I just had to use them to color up one of the images.   And I used stencils!  Yep... the stamp set has a matching set of stencils.  I stamped the image in VersaFine CLAIR Arcorn ink and then used distress inks in Fossilized Amber, Festive Berries, Carved Pumpkin and Brushed Corduroy to color up the image.  Once the stenciling was done I fussy cut the image.  The window backdrop is a Tim Holtz Ideaology piece that came in an earlier Simon Says Stamp kit.  That was adhered to off white cardstock that I embossed with the embossing folder from the Spellbinders October club.  I inked up the edges with a little bit of the Brushed Corduroy and then adhered it to my card base.  I added the window and the stenciled image.   The sentiment was also stamped in the Acorn ink, trimmed out and the edges inked.  I almost added some dark brown gems, but in the end didn't really like how they looked so I left them off.  




Thanks for stopping by.  I have a guest post up on the Spellbinders blog.  You can check it out here.
 Have a lovely day!


13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Fantastic, love the window!

TK said...

Great texture on this card, and the pumpkin swag makes it all come to life in those beautiful fall colors

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! I love the window, it looks like real wood, then the pumpkin spray is a perfect fit Rosemary, just a fabulous card.
Faith x

Darlene said...

OH WOW this is just BEAUTIFUL. Are you aware of our new STENCIL FUN challenge blog? We would love to have you come share this beauty with us ... such amazing inspiration! You can find the link under my name. Hope to see you there!

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Wanda Cullen said...

Way to rock all the challenges in this one gorgeous design! Love the window frame and the way you grounded it with the fall swag! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

Greta said...

Great Spellbinders post & I love this beautiful card! Wonderful coloring with the stencils which I still need to do!

Esther Asbury said...

I love window cards and you've created a gorgeous autumn one!! Thanks for playing along at The Card Concept!!

Diane said...

Beautiful stenciled card, I myself love the stamp and stencil combos they have out now!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the challenges!! Love that TH window with those sweet pumpkins/leaves!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW, Rosemary...that window frame looks SO real. Thanks SO much for stopping by The Card Concept. I'm very grateful to have you share your talents with us and I hope that you'll stop by to share with us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
The Card Concept

Viv said...

Such a fabulous card here Rosie! trying to get back into commenting now at last too lol ;) hugs Viv xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love the window with the pumpkin arrangement, Rosemary! Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving (even if no turkey!)!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Beautiful ! Love that window! A perfect Thanksgiving card!
Thanks so much for joining us for both photos here at the Card Concept Challenge!
Hugs! Mackie