"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, November 18, 2023

Happy Christmas...

 Hello!  I'm back with a clean and simple little card for the current Color Throwdown challenge.  Haven't played along with that challenge in weeks.  The colors for the current challenge really pulled at me so I had to make something.  A few new products from Simon Says Stamp arrived in my mailbox this week and one of them was the Wonky Tree-O die set.  I just had to use the dies for my card.  My card works for the JUGs challenge so I will be adding to their gallery.   I used two of the colors (pink and green) and my card features trees.


I diecut the trees from white cardstock and inkblended on Pumice Stones, Spun Sugar and Evergreen Bough distress oxide inks.  I die cut the little tree stands from kraft.  I used a very old Memory Box die to create my little snowy background, die cut the bottom with the same Memory Box die I used to die cut the woodgrain cardstock and adhered the two together.   The trees were added and then I decided that I wanted to add a little Rock Candy glitter.  So I dapped on some distress collage medium and then poured on the glitter.  I added some Snowfall grit paste around the bottom of the trees and to the sentiment for an extra little touch.  




Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


6 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! I love this, what lovely trees and a beautiful design, and love how you used the colours Rosemary.
Faith x

Carol said...

Those little trees are adorable Rosemary and they remind me of the cake on our moodboard this week at Just Us Girls! I love a CAS card and your simple design is just that! Thanks for joining us!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the cute trees and the little houses in the background! Darling card, Rosemary. So happy to spot it in our JUGs gallery!

Vickie Z said...

I am really enjoying all the winter cards in these colors.... sweet!!! So happy you joined us at CTD!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of trees, Rosemary, and perfect with the old MB village (I have it around here somewhere too - a classic!)!!

Greta said...

Love this! The glitter/grit is a wonderful addition!