"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, November 4, 2023

sending a bouquet...

 Hello... boy it has been awhile!   Haven't really felt like creating that much lately and so I have just been working on a few cross-stitch projects that I have going.   In an effort to get back into a creative mood I made a card for the current Sunday Stamps challenge.  The have a beautiful fall color palette to work with.   This is what I made.


If this card looks familiar that is because it is very similar to the last card I made for my Birch Press Design blog post.  I liked the look and thought I would make it again, but with a little change.  I created an arched frame instead of using a solid arched panel.   The majority of the products are from Altenew.  


The teal flowers and leaves from the Altenew SketchedFloral stamp set were stamped using Altenew Fresh inks in Aqualicious, Teal Cave and Galactic Stream.  The orangy-rust foliage was stamped using Pinkfresh Studio Clementine and Persimmon inks.  Everything was diecut with matching dies.  I used VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink for the sentiments.  They were also die cut.  I die cut white cardstock with a rectangle die and then used the Altenew Dotted Wave impression plate to added the dotted background.  The arch frame was die cut from a teal cardstock using Memory Box arched dies.   After I layered everything onto the main panel and added it to my card base I thought I might add something else, but decided to keep things the way you see it.  Also adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge since technically the dotted waves pattern is embossed. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Heather said...

This is so beautiful, Rosemary - love what you did with our colors! That frame is perfect, and I love the background design for setting off your glorious flowers! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this! The arched frame was a great choice. Beautiful take on the colors, Rosemary this is a marvelous card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

You're definitely back in the mood Rosemary, this is gorgeous, a beautiful design and the lovely colours. The flowers follow the arch so beautifully.
Faith x

TK said...

Wow -- gorgeous colors and make, Rosemary! Wish I made something this gorgeous when I'm not in the mood - lol

dj said...

This is just beautiful...that background is fantastic!! Thanks for playing along with our “Autumn’s Riches” color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! Your rocked our Autumn color palette with your bouquet of thanks card!!
-Deb Horst, DT #SSC321

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a stunning swag, Rosemary - love it with the arched panel!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Rosemary, this is gorgeous! I love that gorgeous floral spray and the special sentiment! Great take on the colors, too! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful flower swag over your window die-cut. And lovely subtle details on your background panel -- gorgeous job putting your card together! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Greta said...

That is a really pretty color palette & you used it perfectly! Love the look of the open arch with the embossing showing through!