"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Pink Poinsettia

 Hello friends.  I'm popping in to share a card for the November Altenew challenge.  I love the pretty color combo that is offered and challenged myself to use them with one of my favorite stamp sets, Altenew's Festive Poinsettia.  


To color the poinsettia I pulled out my Altenew gouache paints.   I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination when it comes to coloring with different mediums, but it is fun to try your hand at something outside your comfort zone.  I wanted to see if I could manage to combine the pink and soft purple colors in my poinsettia and I think I achieved that goal.   It was definitely interesting coloring with the gouache paints as the color seems to be a bit flatter to me than with watercolors.   To create a bit more separation when some of the bracts overlapped each other I used a medium pink Polychromos pencils.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how things turned out. 


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You painted it beautifully, Rosemary! Wonderful holiday card!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wonderful painting with the gourache paints, Rosemary! I've not tried them but you achieved a stunning result with that poinsettia!! Love the foiled sentiment too!!

TK said...

Great job painting your pretty in pink poinsettia, it really is such a pretty stamp

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very beautiful Rosemary, the poinsettia looks almost real, what a gorgeous image, beautifully coloured.
Faith x

Greta said...

Beautiful artistic look to this card!