"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, November 23, 2023

More Christmas cards...

 Hello!  Popping in with a couple more Christmas cards to share.  The first card is for the Paper Players challenge to create a clean and simple card with a tag on it.  I also used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches so will post it there.  Take a look.


I made the tag several years ago for Ellen Hutson's annual Christmas tag challenge.  I used one of her stamp sets for the images.  I don't know which one because I was too lazy to dig through everything and find it, lol!  Anyway, I stamped a starry background on watercolor paper and then did a galaxy background with watercolors.  I die cut the tag from that and then added a little snowy hill for the deer to stand on.  The deer was stamped, embossed and then watercolored, too.  Die cut with the matching dies.  I stamped and embossed the moon on vellum.  Die cut it and then added some sparkle with glitter glue (I think!)  Finished with the sentiments and some sparkly eyelash twine.   For the sketch I added some strips of patterned paper from La La Land Crafts that went well with my tag.  The back panel was embossed with a Simon Says Stamp snowflake embossing folder.   Adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge to make it sparkle.




My second card is for the Color Throwdown challenge and I used a Stampin Up! stamp and die set that I recently purchased.  Take a look.


I stamped the sentiment using Memento Pear Tart and then applied the same ink to white cardstock to create matching cardstock.  That was die cut with a Memory Box arched die.  The smaller arched die was cut from dark green cardstock and stamped with an image from the stamp set using a dark green ink.  I adhered the sentiment and then added the little pine branches that I die cut from black metallic cardstock using a die from the coordinating Stampin Up! die set.  The little berries were also die cut from the cardstock that I created with the direct to paper inking.  I added some glossy accents to them for a little shine.


That's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!

11 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Rosemary, your first card is so glittery and beautiful, Lovely details and great take on the sketch. Your second is so different from the first, I love the colour mix and how you used it, both fabulous cards.
Faith x

Lisa Elton said...

Each one is layered in loveliness! Two wonderful cards!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Rosemary both of your cards are lovely but the tag card is especially beautiful - the watercolour detail on your tag makes for such a beautiful peaceful festive scene. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Oh, I just love this beautiful serene scene! Your tag is so beautiful and reflects peace. I love all the watercoloring. Just perfect foe our challenge this week at The Paper Players!

TK said...

Your first card is simply STUNNING! Oh my - the texture, the water-colored galaxy, the content and your sketch use -- fantastic!
Your second card uses a brilliant play on the use of your flip-flopped arches! Both are really great cards, Rosemary

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! I love the elegant images - along with the beautiful patterns and textures. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jacquie Southas said...

The tag is so beautifully layered and sits perfectly on the snowy panel! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Wanda Cullen said...

Two very beautiful designs! Love the classy clean look of the throwdown colors in the second card! Always love seeing your entries in the CTD gallery!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful set of cards! I just love that tag and the deer! The background embossing is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Card one - great take on the sketch with that layered background and I love your tag, Rosemary!! Fun bright color with the pine green and I love the font on the NOEL too!!

Greta said...

2 great cards, but that first one has me staring--gorgeous!