"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 16, 2024

red magnolia...

 Hello and happy Friday!  I'm back to share a card that I made for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown.   The color combo at CTD is red, kraft and white.  I challenged myself to use the colors in a sort of unconventional way and I really like the outcome.  Take a look. 


I just love the Magnolia  Blooming Bud die from Memory Box and as I was casting about for ideas as to how to use the CTD colors I thought it would be interesting and a little unconventional to color my magnolia blossom red and the leaves kraft color.  I die cut all the pieces from white cardstock and then used Waffle Flowers 1+ blender brushes to add the colors to the pieces.  I used Lumberjack Plaid for the magnolia blossom and Tea Dye for the leaves.  I did use Gathered Twigs for the stem to provide a little contrast to the leaves.   I used Memory Box white woodgrain cardstock for the main panel and the oval.  Memory Box kraft woodgrain cardstock was a very close match to my ink blended leaves so I used that for the stripe element.   To make the stripe stand out more I ran a line of glue along each side and then added the red twine as it closely matched the ink blended magnolia.   I finished with a little sentiment from the Memory Box/Simon Says Stamp Stamptember collaboration set called Kind Flowers.   I added dimension to the flower and leaves by popping up certain parts with different thicknesses of foam squares.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


11 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great take on the sketch, Rosemary - love the red magnolia with the kraft leaves!!

Kerry Parkinson said...

This is gorgeous, I love it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is simply stunning, Rosemary... bravo!!

Linda Callahan said...

Clean....simple...and oh so gorgeous! Fabulous card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fantastic texture and use of colours Rosemary, I love how you did the ribbon, a stunning card. x

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow...your unconventional colors are really gorgeous in this design! Always love seeing your entries in the throwdown gallery!

Kristin Sluhan said...

An absolute stunner! Just happened to see it in the CTD gallery and had to take a closer look. Beautiful job!

Celeste Goff said...

Gorgeous card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! I just love that flower! The colours are so pretty! It pairs perfect with the subtle embossing of the background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Greta said...

Another masterpiece, my friend! Love your unconventional use of the colors! Congrats on the FMS win!

FranmadeInOregon said...

Rosemary, I had to come by to tell you how gorgeous I think this card is - and to congratulate you on winning BOTH of the challenges you entered! That's a very deserved honor.