"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 4, 2024

birthday cards...

 Hello!  Took some time out from stitching and made two birthday cards.  First up is a card for the following challenges:  Color Throwdown and Seize the Birthday.   For Seize the Birthday I'm going with anything goes since I used kraft and two colors.   I think I will also add this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.  Take a look.


For this card I did a little inkblending on patterned paper.  In her most recent video Jennifer McGuire did inkblending on patterned paper.   Something that is super simple to do and creates a pretty look.   I used patterned paper from the Memory Box Anemone Plaid 6x6 pad and inks from Hero Arts.   I kept the background very simple.  I die cut a circle using the largest die from the PoppyStamps Simple Rings die set.  This set cuts a circle and a very thin border ring around the circle.  This allowed me to use the kraft ring around the white circle.  So that the kraft circle didn't go to waste I glued it behind white one to give the circle a little bit of height.  Then I added the kraft ring.  The sentiment is from Memory Box and was also die cut from white and kraft.  I finished the card with tiny light blue gems as the dot for the "i" and on the little stamens on the flowers. 




My next card is heading to Just Us Girls and Color Hues challenges.  Both challenges happen to have the same color combo this week.    Yay!  Two challenges with one card, lol!   Take a look.


Recently I purchased the super sweet Poppystamp Nordic Bird die set.   I hadn't put it away because I really wanted to use it.  I thought it perfect for the challenges.   The die is all one piece so I die cut it from red, pink and white cardstock.  As I was putting the bird together I noticed that my bird is not facing in the same direction as the bird on the packaging.  The bird on the packaging faces to the right and mine faces to the left.  Obviously some kind of mistake occurred with my die, but I don't mind!  I used a little branch die from another Poppystamps die set and the same Simple Rings dies.  The ring dies were still out so why not use them?   I stamped the sentiment from a Spellbinders stamp set on the white arched cardstock piece and then added the circle, branch and bird.  This piece was popped up with thin foam squares on a light gray cardstock rectangle and then added to the white cardstock base.  Another clean and simple design!


That's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Two fantastic cards, Rosemary! Your plaid flowers are lovely and I like your little redbird!

Colleen said...

Rosemary, I want to thank you for entering Seize the Birthday challenge.

JulieP said...

On behalf of both the Seize the Birthday and Color Hues teams I would like to thank you for your support with these two wonderful cards!!!! While they are intricate dies it makes for a wonderfully CAS look. Just fabulous!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card Rosemary. Love your inkblending on the die cut flowers. I watched Jennifer's video also. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Greta said...

WOW! I love your cards, Rosemary! Will have to try ink blending on patterned paper as I love the look of your blooms on the first card! Love how those circle dies work. The 2nd card is a stunner! Absolutely love that little bird and the arch die and the fresh, clean look!

Nancy said...

It is always inspiring to see what you create, Rosemary. Love the blue patterned flowers on your first card and as for your second card...that bird is just darling. Love both CAS layouts! Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday and Color Hues.

cm said...

Two beautiful cards! I need to try the plaid + ink technique; you've achieved lovely results. Your Special Day card is so sweet. The bird + circle match is eye-catching. Thank you so much for sharing this gem in the Just Us Girls and Colour Hues galleries.
~carol

TK said...

Beautiful flower, adorable bird -- two sweet cards, Rosemary

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Two lovely cards, Rosemary. I just love everything Nordic rom Poppytamp, and your sweet bird is just wonderful. I love the setting you gave him. Or her. Thanks so much for playing with us at Just Us Girls.

Jo Nevill said...

Congratulations ! You have won our challenge over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Please email us at the address in the sidebar of our challenge blog so that we can tell you how you claim your prize. Please be sure to include your full name.

Happy shopping !

Jo :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both stunning cards Rosemary, I'll have to make a visit to Jennifer, I love your flowers. As for your bird, I think he is just perfect.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your blue flowers and the sweet birdie, Rosemary!! Two great cards!