"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Friday, February 23, 2024

thank you kindly...

 Hello!  I made a card and now I'm sharing it, lol!  This is for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Hues.  The Color Hues combo is lilac and mint two colors that I don't often put together, but I challenged myself to give it a try.   Here's what I made.


I used Shaded Lilac and Salvaged Patina distress oxides and ink blended the Memory Box Cottage Flower Stem.    I used Waffle Flower Crafts 1+ blender brushes and tried to add some shading.  You can see a little bit of it on the leaves, but my Shaded Lilac pad was really juicy and despite adding several layers of color to the center of the flower, there isn't much difference.  Oh well, I tried!  I did use a little bit of Antique Linen for the flower center.  I have several Memory Box patterned paper pads and I found these neutral plaid that has a bit of minty color to it.  I used that along with strips of light gray and white cardstocks that I embossed with my old favorite Sizzix Swiss Dot embossing folder.  The sentiment is a new product from Memory Box/Open Studio called Greetings Tabs.   The tabs come in black and white, circle or strip and feature either thank you sentiments or birthday sentiments.   Perfect for when you just need to add a quick sentiment to a card.  

Since I did do some ink blending I'm also going to add this to the Memory Box February challenge of ink blending.   I'm also going to add this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge



That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming, Rosemary! A wonderful take on both challenges!

TK said...

You snuck that beautiful flower and layout in, and aced all three challenges -- it's a really pretty flower.

Kim S said...

It's such a pretty flower and I do see the blending!! Love the subtle background behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Greta said...

Love those papers and what a beautiful bloom! Those oxides are really pretty together and the premade sentiments would be great to have!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the mix of colours Rosemary, a fabulous take on the sketch.x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a sweet flower stem, Rosemary and I love how you interpreted the sketch too!!

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness! Love the single flower! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Carol Cel said...

I absolutely LOVE this. So very pretty. I scrolled through the entries for the Simon Says Challenge and your card called out to my. Stunning!

Stef Perry said...

Very sweet bloom and the embossed strips look great for texture! Preprinted sentiments are so n8ce, now I have to go check those out! Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Color Hues!

JulieP said...

Wow! I am in awe of your creativity. I would never have thought to put a brown plaid with these colors/design. It works so beautifully!!!! Thanks so much for playing with Color Hues!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful! Love the CAS design and fabulous texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!