"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, January 28, 2024

a valentine...

 Hey there!  Popping in to share a card that I made for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  I have something that I'm working on, but took a little time out to make a quick card using bits and pieces from the Simple Stories Simple Vintage Love Stories suite of products.  Take a look.


The current card kit from Simon Says Stamp features patterned paper and ephemera from this line from Simple Stories and I just fell in love (ha ha!) with it.  So I ordered the 6x8 patterned paper pad and both packs of ephemera.   I used ephemera pieces from both packs along with the patterned paper.  Who doesn't love polka dots!   Putting the card together was quick and easy.  I added some Hero Arts Lacquer in clear sparkle to the hearts.  It is rather thick and so ended up causing one heart to curl up a bit and the lacquer on the other two hearts to crack.  I'm okay with it though as it add a little texture and character, I think.

 
That's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


7 comments:

Greta said...

Just beautiful!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous vintage Valentine with the ephemera & sketch, Rosemary! Love the curled hearts too - so perfect for this style!!

Lisa Elton said...

What a lovely little collage of elements, Rosemary! This is a marvelous card!

Jen Brum said...

Gorgeous card Rosemary! I love the vintage look and each one of those elements! Perfect for Valentine's Day! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jacquie Southas said...

This really is so delightful, Rosemary! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

TK said...

Really pretty with all your vintage ephemera!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How very beautiful Rosemary. I must go and see what I have and try to remember how to use paper and ephemera.
Faith x