"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 20, 2024

two cards to share...

 Hello!  I'm popping to share two cards that I made for a few challenges.  First up is a card that I made for Freshly Made Sketches and Color Hues.  Couldn't pass up that pretty combo of green and copper and my in real life friend, Greta, is guest designer this go round.  Just had to participate!


Before Christmas I was able to purchase a couple of die sets from Simon Says Stamp with a winter/Christmas sort of theme to them.  I wanted to use them and thought the Color Hues combo was the perfect opportunity.  I started by inking up some cardstock with Rustic Wilderness distress oxide ink.  I thought I had just the regular distress ink in Rustic Wilderness, but I don't.  Have to remedy that situation, lol!  I die cut the holly branch from that.  I then used Rustic Wilderness distress spray stain and Tree Lot distress mica spray to color some white distress heavy stock.  As that panel was drying I dipped the holly leaves in the little puddles of ink in my spray box to give a mica shine to the leaves.   The pine branches were die cut from the panel I created with the sprays once it was dry.  I used some copper glitter cardstock to die cut the berries and the strip.   I die cut the squares and the main panel from white woodgrain cardstock and layered them on a kraft cardstock base.  I had some fine copper thread that I used to create the messy loop of thread securing it with glue.  Then I layered on the holly branch and pine.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink, die cut with a label die and adhered with foam squares.  




My next card is super simple.  Take a look.


After I made the first card I thought I would make something for Color Throwdown, but struggled to come up with an idea.  I had been trying to think of something to make with recently purchased dies, but it just wasn't happening.  I almost threw in the towel on this one, but then decided to just do some simple stamping.  I used a tried and true favorite (and very old) Stampin Up! set called Kinda Eclectic.  I stamped all the images using the inks from the CTD combo and then finished with the sentiment in gray and three clear sequins.  Clean and simple!


Well, that's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


17 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

The greens and copper play so well together in your simply elegant design! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

TK said...

Beautiful use of the colors at FMS -- really pretty! I also enjoy your second card, and its subtle beauty

Greta said...

As I said on IG, the Color Hues card is absolutely stunning! Definitely a favorite--and I know I always say that--haha! It's been awhile since I've seen one of your collage stamped cards--love this one! A design I struggle with and you always nail it!

Karen said...

Rosemary, your green and copper Christmas card is stunning! The glittery berries, the coordinating strip of glitter paper, the threads, and the greenery on the woodgrain paper make for one wonderful design! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Color Hues!

Linda Callahan said...

Two beautiful cards! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

These cards are both beautiful! That Christmas card is stunning! I love the green and the glimmer cardstock! So pretty! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a beautiful card! I have this same stamp set and may have to CASE this layout. Love it!

Wanda Cullen said...

Such a gorgeous pair of cards! Love your soft tones with the throwdown colors...beautiful as always!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the gold and green in your first card Rosemary, also a beautiful design, very elegant. Your second is so delicate and quite etherial. Love both of the cards, so different, but gorgeous.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties using that sketch, Rosemary! Love the touches of copper on card one and the soft stamping on card two!!

Nancy said...

These are two pretty cards, Rosemary! The one for Color Hues is just so classy and beautiful. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues and making our color duo so appealing.

Judy Rozema said...

Both are fabulous! I love the sparkle and that RW color on the first. Your stamping is beautiful on the second. Thank you for playing with my sketch this week at FMS!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the sparkly pizazz of your first card and the soft prettiness of the second!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards! The sparkle and gorgeous die-cuts on your FMS card are lovely! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

JulieP said...

Both cards are fabulous but wow! That first one is AWESOME! I am in love with the design and may be saving it for future inspiration. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Color Hues challenge blog!

Greta said...

Yay for the well-deserved HM at FMS! It was clearly a winner in my book!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful holiday card! Love all the added texture! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!