"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Thursday, January 11, 2024

Simon Says Stamp Sweetheart Release!

 (See my Birch Press Design post here)

Hello everyone!  I'm popping in today to share three cards that I made with the Hello Animals stamp set from the new Simon Says Stamp Sweetheart release that is available right now on the Simon Says Stamp website.   


This stamp set is perfect for the little kiddos in your life or for anyone who likes cute animal images!  When I created this first card I had my great niece in mind.  She will turn two in February and she has several four legged "siblings".  I stamped the puppy dog image on watercolor paper with VersaFine CLAIR Nocturne ink and then watercolored with my Jane Davenport watercolors.  I stamped the large happy birthday sentiment underneath with a fun red ink.  The little party hat was also watercolored and then trimmed out when it was dry.  I die cut the stamped panel, adhered it to a cardbase and then added the little party hat with foam squares.   I'm going to add this to the Paper Players challenge of celebrations


This card was inspired by a friend who loves orange and white kitties.  She recently lost her sweet kitty, Bonita, and even though I already sent her a card I think I will be sending her this one.  I stamped the kitty four times with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored very simply with Copic markers.  I die cut the panel and adhered it to a card base.  I stamped the sentiment on vellum with a cream colored embossing powder and then die cut it with a smaller rectangle die.  The vellum panel was attached using rolled up glue dot placed behind the letters. 


This last card is just like the first card except that I colored the bunny image using Copic markers.  I stamped the glasses and the bow and colored them with Copics.  I cut out the center of the glasses so you can see her eyes.  I added some Crystal Lacquer to the glasses and bow.  I really love how this card turned out!  The glasses just crack me up!  I'm adding this one to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of cute critters.


Make sure you head over to the Simon Says Stamp store to check out the entire release.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

A trio of cuteness, Rosemary!

LeAnne said...

These are just so cute! Love all of them! Thanks for playing with us at the Players this week...cuteness overload!

TK said...

Fun trio of cards! Love the cat with the upside down versions, such a cute layout

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Rosemary! These cards are too cute! As a dog lover, I adore the puppy birthday card. And the bunny card is equally sweet. What a great set for creating cards that truly could appeal to people of all ages. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!















Jaydee said...

Rosi, I love all of these wonderful cards! They just make me smile and are guaranteed to brighten the day of the recipient! So glad you shared all of them with us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Greta said...

Creative, cute cards with the new products! I especially love the last one with the adorable pink glasses & bow!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Adorable cards! I just love how these little cuties pop on the clean design. I have had my eye on this stamp set and I think you just added it to my cart. Haha! Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful and fun cards Rosemary. Sweet too.
Faith x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun trio with that new SSS set, Rosemary! Especially love the quartet of kitties but they're all darling!