"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, January 13, 2024

little bird...

 Hello!  Hope you are warm where you live.   It is just a little too cold here in Western Washington (although not as cold as Iowa!) for me.  We have temperatures in the mid-teens right now.  Thankfully it is supposed to start warming back up in the next day or so.  I guess we are being punished for our crazy warm December, lol!  Anyway, to keep warm I made a card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge and it works for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of cute critters.  I think my little bird is super cute!


I did some direct to paper inking to create the colors I wanted for the little twigs my bird is perched on.  The twigs die set is the Budding Twigs Contour Layers from Birch Press Design and the bird is called Perched Reed Bird from Memory Box (I don't think it is still available from MB, though).  It is one of my favorite dies!  I used a grey/brown ink from Hero Arts for the branch portion of each twig and then Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry distress inks for the other layers.  I used my Waffle Flower Shader 0+ blending brushes to add the red and brown inks to my little bird.  I used Pinkfresh Studio inks for the bird.   I layed out where I wanted the twigs per the FMS layout and then added a little bit of blue/gray ink to the background.  This time I used a very old MFT ink that I have.    I adhered one twig to my panel then laid the rest of the twigs on the panel to get sentiment placement.  I stamped the happy sentiment directly on the panel.  The rest of the twigs and bird were added.  I finished with the stamped and die cut sentiment.  The sentiment comes from a Simon Says Stamp set called Garden Fresh.

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely take on the sketch, Rosemary! I like the little bit of blue wash you added behind the twigs!

Greta said...

That bird is darling and what a great use of the sketch! Warmer temps will definitely be welcome, but at least the freezing rain hasn't come, so far!

Cindy H. said...


This is just so gorgeous! I love your take the sketch - perfect!

TK said...

Sweet bird and delicate branches -- really pretty card, Rosemary!

Kim S said...

What a beautiful use of the sketch! The twigs are stunning behind that lovely bird. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a gorgeous take on the sketch, love the branches and your beautiful bird. Love this card.
Faith x

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a delighful card! It is so soft and delicate. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet birdie with the twigs, Rosemary - love the color combo!!