"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

a spring flower?

 Hey there!  Popping in to share a card that I made for two challenges:  Paper Players and JUGs.  The JUGs challenge is a mood board challenge and it closes in just a few hours so I'm cutting it close for that one.  The Paper Players challenge is a clean and simple challenge to use spring flowers.   Take a look.


The JUGs mood board features soft muted colors and pictures of a flower, friends, coffee and a scene of the ocean.   I went with the flower and the ocean scene to create my card.  I tried to pull out a color from the color palette, but it turned out to be a little too dark.   I'm trying to use up different products that I have in order to free up space on my desk.  To that end I have been using my Tonic Studios Aqua Flow pens to watercolor things.  I used several for my flower that I die cut from watercolor cardstock, including a color called Cameo Pink.  Had I not used such concentrated color it might have been more muted, but I still like it.   The flower die is from Simon Says Stamp.  For the ocean I used a very old Hero Arts sea scape stencil to create the waves using Salty Ocean distress ink.  I then pulled out my distress grit paste and added some swipes of the paste to create "foam".   I made a boo-boo at the bottom of my panel so I created some "sand" by tearing a strip of kraft card stock and then adhering it to the panel.  I finished with a sentiment from a Simon Says Stamp set called Brushed Flowers.  The set has matching dies for some of the sentiments which comes in handy!




That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Rosemary, your card is so pretty and CAS...and the flower is not the only star of the show. I love your water with grit paste texture! What a pretty card and great use of the moodboard! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Lisa Elton said...

A pretty card for all of the challenges, Rosemary! I love the water you created. So happy to see this in the JUGs gallery!

TK said...

It's a wonderful card that fits both challenges so well -- so pretty!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that beautiful flower with it's gorgeous shading! The waves are amazing with the foam lapping against the sandy shoreline. Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Greta said...

So creative with the ocean and sand! Love the pretty flower!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A beautiful CAS card Rosemary - I love the addition of the ocean beneath your pretty flower stem. Thank for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! How very lovely Rosemary, and your "booboo" is just perfect :) x

Jaydee said...

The sea background gives wonderful movement to your card and that floral is just gorgeous. Love the touch of kraft, too. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
Jaydee