"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Floral Cards

 Hello!  Stopping in to share a couple of cards.  I will be posting one of the cards to the following challenges:  Freshly Made Sketches, Color Throwdown and Just Us Girls.    The other card will be going to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge of anything goes.   Here is the first card.


The challenge at JUGs is anything goes with stencils.  I have quite a few stencils, but don't often use them.  I looked through my stencils, but then decided to use an older Hero Arts stamp and stencil set that came from one of their My Monthly Hero card kits.  I don't remember what year or month.  I did the stenciling using the CTD colors, but accidentally got ink on the image during the process, so I set that one aside and decided to use the Simon Says Stamp Groovy Blooms stencil set with the CTD colors and the FMS layout.  I stenciled flowers and leaves and then die cut the panel down to fit the FMS layout.  I was able to trim out one of the large flowers and adhered that to the main panel.  I then decided to stencil some of the smaller flowers and leaves to add to the panel.  I used a scrap of the original stenciled piece to die cut the word "hello" from.  I die cut a few more of the hello from other scraps of cardstock, adhered them together and added it to the shadow die cut from vellum.  I used some pretty yellow glitter cardstock for the other elements in the sketch, then adhered everything to a white cardstock panel and then to a card front. 


This card was made with the first round of stenciling that I mentioned above.  After I finished the above card I decided to figure out a way to make this image work.  I thought about just trying to cover up where I had gotten ink on the image, but didn't really like that idea.  Then I covered up part of the image with a strip of cardstock and I liked that look.  So I cut the floral image into two pieces.  I cut the strip of black glitter cardstock and adhered it directly to a cardstock base using thin foam squares.  I added glue to the back of the floral piece and tucked it underneath the glitter strip.  I die cut the work thanks from the yellow glitter cardstock I used on the first card and vellum for the shadow and adhered it to the card front.  I think I was able to create a pretty decent save.   




That's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by and have lovely day!


11 comments:

Carol said...

Thanks for going to all that work for our stencil challenge at Just Us Girls! The colors are fabulous and so happy! Thanks for joining us this week!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with those stenciled flowers, Rosemary! Especially love how you used that sketch on card one and the black glitter card with the sunflowers on card two!!

Greta said...

Love the sentiment for the first card cut from the stenciling! Such a happy, pretty card! Great save on the 2nd one!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful florals! Glad you shared one at FMS!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous cards Rosemary, I love how you used the colours and the stencils, love you used the stencilling to cut the sentiment on your first one, so pretty. Your second card, with its save and glitter border, is just so lovely. Beautiful use of the colour theme, and the sketch on your first card. Great work as always Rosemary. x

Lisa Elton said...

Your cards are so sunny and cheerful! Happy to spot one inf the JUGs gallery!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Happy, sprinky cards. I love the first with the groovy blooms - reminds me of the wallpaper I had in my room when I was a teenager (a bit on the Partridge Family side of things LOL). The colors are perfect for this set. Very clever save on card 2. Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls,

Jen Timko said...

Both are so pretty! Love the stenciling on the first card. Such a happy "hello"! Glad to see you this week at FMS!

Karren said...

Fabulous cards! So bright and cheerful! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

cm said...

Delightful duo! I'm especially smitten with your entry for the Just Us Girls challenge; it's fresh, pretty and smile-making. Thank you for playing along with us.
~carol

Greta said...

Congrats on another HM at FMS!