"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Saturday, April 6, 2024

oh, happy day...

 Hello!  Popping in to share a card that I made for Freshly Made Sketches, Color Throwdown and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.   Also going to add this to the Flower Challenge to use layers. Let's have a look!

The CTD colors are aqua, teal and olive.  I went with light values for my aqua and teal and did some simple Copic coloring.  The aqua flower is the one on the right and the teal is the one on the left.  The stamp set I used was the collaboration set by Memory Box and Simon Says Stamp for Stamptember 2023 called So Kind.    I tried to find cardstocks that were a fairly close match for the colors in the magnolia flowers.  I used the Memory Box Arched Capped Pinpoint dies for the elements from the FMS layout and then added the magnolias and sentiment on top.  Very simple, but I like how it turned out.


That's it for me!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the way you combined all of those challenges into one very fabulous card!

TK said...

Beautiful! Those colors appeared to me as a great challenge, and yet you've used them perfectly and the layout too -- well done, Rosemary, it's a winner in my book

Laurie Unger said...

Awesome job combining all of the challenges. Love how you colored the flower. Beautifully done. -Laurie DT

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous magnolias atop those labels, Rosemary - great take on the sketch!!

Greta said...

This is so pretty, Rosemary! Creative use of the sketch and love your coloring of the flowers!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Love the floral image positioned over the trio of label panels. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Kim S said...

I love the combination of those background shapes along with the gorgeous flowers! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Judy Iverson said...

Such a beautiful card! I like the arch shapes.

Cécile RIBON said...

Such a beautiful floral design! I love these fresh colors. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

Broni said...

Very pretty! Love those pinpoint dies! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Swoon! A Gorgeous card, I love how you used the colours Rosemary and love how you used the sketch. x

Stef Perry said...

Such a delicate and pretty card, Rosemary! That set is one of my favorites from those 2023 collabs and you've used it beautifully. The trio of panels adds a great modern look to your card design too. Thank you so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge!