"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, March 24, 2013

a cheery sort of day....

Hello friends!!  Here with my card for the current Less is More challenge to use beads on your project.  When I saw the challenge my heart sank... beads??? Seriously???  Now at one point in my crafting career I had tons of seed beads.  I used to do a lot of cross-stitching and started combining cross-stitch and beading.   Unfortunately, I had to give up cross-stitching for several different reasons and slowly started getting rid of all the beads I had accumulated. So... I'm pretty much bead-less.  I started hunting around to see what I might be able to come up with and thankfully spied a little packet of Valentine goodies that my sweet friend, Natalie, sent me.  Some of those goodies included beads!! YAY... I was saved!!


I sorted through the beads and found the starfish and the shell bead.  The colors were a bit bright for me so I tried to tone them down a bit by using a Ranger pearl paint dauber.   The little jar was die cut using my PTI jar die (first time EVER used!) and then stamped with the corresponding image from Friendship Jar Summer stamp set (first time EVER using the set, too!).  I stamped the shells inside the jar, applied some glue and added sand colored Flower Soft.   The twine was wrapped round the top of the jar, tied in a bow and the beads added.  Not the most original use of beads, but I'm pretty happy with it all the same.  I added the strip of burlap (or hessian... I think I like "hessian" much better, though), the sentiment and then the jar on top.

Thanks for stopping by...

Supplies:  All supplies except for the beads, Flower Soft & ink are PTI; Ink:  Memento Rich Cocoa and Desert Sand

19 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is amazing! Better than seed beads! They really tell a story, a story that I need to go to the beach. ....You will have to pardon me, I am on countdown to vacation!!!

Canonbury creations said...

Love that jar Rosie and the beads are fab! I started to do something with seed beads and they are everywhere!!
Val x

Suze Bain said...

This is great Rosemary, I love the texture of the hessian and twine (and well done for using some of your new stash!) xx

Jenni's Jems said...

Beads are tricky devils are they not but love the way that you have added interest to yours with the pearl dauber! x

Christine said...

Great idea Rosy! Very nice card!
Hug
Christine

Scrumplescrunch said...

Good Morning Rosie,
This is a gorgeous CAS card, the 'not so bright' trinkets are just what is needed to add that little bit of interest.
Smiles:)
Sue

Susan said...

Those beads are perfect with this jar image! I have that PTI set and rarely use it...you've inspired me!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I REALLY love this, those little beads and the hessian, just perfect.

Linby said...

Wow those beads are gorgeous and you used them to such good effect. Fab card.
Linby x

Jen Nelson said...

rosie ... this is fabulous as always. love the seaside shaped beads

Thanks for joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Michelle said...

wow! love how you embellished the jar with shells, Rosemary! excellent!

Fiona said...

A great way to use your beads Rosemary, a lovely theme.

Anonymous said...

You created a beach in a jar, Rosemary, it's amazing ... love how you added the 'sand', the hessian reminds me of driftwood, and the beads are just like the kind of things you could find in a rockpool! Anita :)

Greta said...

Thank goodness for Nat! I love your card, Rosemary--the flower soft is a wonderful touch!

Chrissie said...

It's amazing what dedicated LIMettes can come up with even if at first a challenge seems daunting!
This is super Rosemary!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Claudia Wesch said...

Very cute! I love it!

Lynne said...

I`m really impressed with this Rosie, great design and your beads are beautiful.
Lynne xxx

Stempelomi said...

lovely card!

Viv said...

Great card agaun Rosie :) Viv xx